The past comes out, then some fun

Chapter 9   The past comes out, then some fun

Matthew's POV

It's around 1am and I can't sleep part of me keeps thinking about Ava. I decide to go downstairs and watch some T.V. maybe that will make me sleepy. I'm flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch when I hear the door open quietly and shut then I see Ava turn around and start to walk past the living room.

"How was your night?" I say and she jumps.

"Oh my goodness you scared the crap out of me, I didn't think you would be up" she says with her hand on her chest.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you I couldn't sleep so I decided to watch some T.V." I said shrugging my shoulders. "So how was your night?" I ask again.

She just looks at me like she doesn't want to answer and she looks sad "Um I really don't want to talk about it" she says with a fake smile as I get closer I notice that it looks like she's been crying and her left cheek is red like someone hit her.

"Are you ok?" she shakes her head no so I take her hand and lead her to the couch and sit her down and I sit next to her.

"What's wrong?" I ask sympathetically

"I don't know if I can tell you, I don't want you to think low of me." She replies

"I could never think low of you, your an amazing person and you treat my daughter and I great, whatever it is you can talk to me it's ok"

She nods. "Well remember how I told you my ex cheated on me?"

"Yea" I reply

"That wasn't the only reason I left him he was also controlling and slightly abusive and when I broke up with him he flipped out and wouldn't leave me alone then I got the job here and moved in and he didn't know so he hasn't bothered me then I ran into him tonight he cornered me while I was alone" she stops to take a breath and starts to cry a lil.

"Is that who did this to your cheek?" I say lightly rubbing it.

"Yes, he slammed me into the wall and said he wanted me back and that he was sorry about cheating on me and I told him that I hated him and he slapped me and I screamed then he covered my mouth and then told me I was going home with him while he was rubbing the inside of my thigh, then I'm sorry I told him something I feel really bad about but it was the only thing serious enough I could think of to get him to leave me alone and that I had proof of, I told him that you were my boyfriend and that we had a daughter I'm so sorry, well then he said he didn't believe me so I told him to look in my wallet at the pic of Savannah, he did then said "Wow you don't waste any time do you, you slut" and walked away"

She took a big breath and started crying after saying all that this poor girls how could I be mad at her she just got hurt by her ex and she's more worried about me being upset with her about what she told him, I understand that she said it to him to get herself out of the situation she was in and that asshole is lucky I wasn't there I would have kicked his ass.

"Ava it's ok I'm not upset with you for saying that and I'm sorry he hurt you, if I was there I would have kicked his ass for you" I say while hugging her.

"Thank you and that would have been great to see" she says laughing and wiping her tears away.

"Why don't we both get some sleep and all of us go somewhere fun tomorrow like six flags or something like that" I say with a big smile.

"Yea that sounds like fun, Savannah will love it." She squeals.

We both head to our rooms and go to sleep for our fun day tomorrow.

The next day I wake up to Ava cooking breakfast mmm I love her cooking, but it I feel bad thinking that cause Julie was never a great cook but she always tried and I loved her for that. I walk into the kitchen and Savannah says "dada" while eating some eggs and a piece of toast.

I sit at the table "good morning" I say yawning and I kiss my baby girl and say good morning to her also.

"good morning sleepy head" she smiles and hands me a cup of coffee "just how you like it two sugars and a lil cream and thanks for talking to me about everything last night"

"No problem, anytime and thanks for the coffee" I say. I can't believe she remembered how I take my coffee the last time she made me coffee was like 6 months ago.

"So I have all of our stuff packed for the day and were ready, were just waiting on you" she says when I finish eating then looks at Savannah and smiles.

We get to six flags and park we get the stroller and stuff out of the trunk and put Savannah and the stuff in the stroller we go to the window and get our ticket's then we get to the water park side of six flags and I take Savannah's clothes off so she's in her bathing suit and I put sunblock on her then strap her back into the stroller when I'm done I look up to see Ava in a red bikini and she looks stunning she starts to put sunblock on herself and I can't help but stare.

"Hey can you get my back please?' she asks handing me the sunblock. I squirt the sunblock in my hand then start rubbing in into her back, my hand touching her skin feels so nice I almost didn't want to stop but I didn't want to seem like a pervert. When I stop she turns around and says "thank you."

Ava's POV

Matthew just got done putting the sunblock on my back god his touch felt so good. He takes his shirt off and puts sunblock on everywhere but his back "Would you like me to do your back?" I ask, thinking I just want to touch him.

"Sure" he says I start rubbing it into his back. He is so in shape I can feel the outline of his muscles as I'm rubbing I finish and shoot him a smile.

"Let's go have some fun!!" He says

We go on a bunch of water rides and play in the wave pool, we stop and have some lunch and do a few more things and Savannah falls asleep so we figure it's best we leave it's been a long fun hot day.

By the time we get home it's dinner time and we order take out and eat then we all get showered and ready for bed. Matthew and I tuck Savannah in she loves it when we both do it. I always wonder how Matt feels when we do stuff like this together cause of Julie not being here and it breaks my heart.

We close her door and are in the hallway and I say "Thank you, today was really fun I always have a great time with you guys."

He says "It was my pleasure and me too" then pulls me into hug and I hug him back wrapping my arms around him he smells so good, we hug for a good minute almost like either of us didn't want to let go but we do and smile at each other and walk our separate ways to our rooms saying "goodnight"

A/N: I'm going to try and update again later on if not definitely tomorrow. Hope your enjoying the story so far.