Time goes by

A/N: I'm so sorry guys that it took so long to update. I will try to make sure you guys never wait that long again. Also I would have made the chapter longer but I don't have a lot of time and I didn't want to make you all wait another day.

Chapter 19   Time goes by

Matthew's POV

It's now March 14, Savannah's Birthday is tomorrow she will be 2, I can't believe it either my baby girl is getting so big and she talks like crazy and is so excited about her baby brothers who will be here in about a month.

Ava and I finished the boy's room about a month ago after her baby shower, which she loved her mom and sisters did an amazing job we got a lot of the things we needed then bought the rest. We picked a jungle theme and painted the room green we also painted their names in a dark green above their cribs.

We had a hard time picking out names and agreeing but we finally chose Landon and Logan. Ava's been doing great but she's been in nesting mode and never relaxes she is constantly cleaning or doing more things to get ready for the boys and Savannah is her little sidekick following her everywhere and helping her, it's so cute.

"Ava, Savannah time for dinner" I yell up the stairs

"Okay we'll be right there" She yells from the twins room

About 5 minutes later they come down the stairs Ava waddling of course but I don't dare say that out loud or she would rip my head off we all sit at the table. Savannah now sits in a booster seat cause according to her she's a big girl now cause she wears pull ups.

"MMM hun this is so good" Ava mumbles with her mouth full

"Thanks babe" I reply

"Yea daddy mmm good" Savannah says

"Thanks baby" I say

Once dinner is done Savannah goes in the play room to watch Bubble Guppies, it's her favorite show then I go get ready for work I hate leaving my girls but I have to go in, I've already cut back on the hours I work.

I head downstairs once I'm done getting ready, I give Ava and her belly a kiss then Savannah, I say my goodbye's and I love you's to them like always then I leave.

Ava's POV

Matt just left for work and I go in the play room with Savannah she wants me to play baby dolls with her she's so good with her baby doll I know she will be a great big sister. An hour and half goes by so I give Savannah a bath and get her ready for bed then put her in the crib, tonight is her last night in the crib cause we got her a pink toddler bed, Minnie Mouse bedding and a few toys for her birthday. 

"Good night sweetie I love you" I say covering her up.

"I lub you too" she says smiling

I turn her night light on before shutting her light off and leaving the room then head back downstairs to clean up after dinner. I hate when Matt is at work I'm so bored cause I don't watch much TV so I grab my baby book and start reading about the month I'm in and about labor and delivery of twins. I want to have a natural childbirth and only get a C-section if necessary. Before I know it, it's 11:00pm and I'm sleepy so I head to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew's POV

It's 2:30am, I'm just getting home from work. I head to the bedroom and get a quick shower cause I always smell like cigarettes after working in the bar.

After my shower I put my sleep pants on then crawl in bed next Ava.

"Hey hun how was work?" Ava asks.

"I'm sorry babe I didn't mean to wake you, work was ok same old same old you know"

"It's okay I was having trouble sleeping anyway, my belly is so big and they move so much it's hard to get comfortable." She says

"I'm sorry babe look on the bright side you only have one month to go if that." I say feeling bad for her.

"I know and trust me these little guys are worth it!" She says smiling.

I can't wait to meet my boys, I love being a dad. Ava and I already agreed when the boys start kindergarten we would have another baby, hopefully not twins though I think to myself.

"Well my love we better try and sleep, tomorrow is going to be a busy day with Savannah you know she will want her bed set up and all her toys opened." I say laughing thinking how cute my little girl is.

"Yea you're right about that she will." Ava says laughing to.

"Good night, I love you." I say giving her a kiss, her kisses take my breathe away.

"Good night, I love you too." She says smiling.

I roll over and turn my bedside light out.

An hour later I still can't sleep, at least Ava is sleeping she needs it. I can't sleep cause just like when Savannah turned one I can't help but feel sad that Julie isn't here. I keep thinking about when Savannah is older how she will start asking questions about her mom, I'm going to tell her but it will be hard.

I'm very happy now and I'm very grateful for Ava and my boys, I'm also glad I was finally able to move on but I still have my moments. That's one of the reasons I love Ava so much she is so understanding when I feel like this she doesn't get mad, upset or jealous, she's just so amazing. Sometimes I think if  she wasn't in my life I wouldn't know what to do, I would be a mess.

Okay brain stop thinking and go to sleep I say to myself it's now 4:00am and I need to go to sleep I don't want to be zombie for Savannah's birthday. I roll over and close my eye's then drift off to sleep.