Picking a Nanny

Chapter Four  Picking a Nanny

Matthew's POV

I wake up to the sound of Savannah's cries through the baby monitor, I sit up rubbing my hands through my hair as I get up I look at the clock and it's 6:50am, four hours of sleep is good compared to the usual I think to myself. I walk down the hallway to the baby's room, I walk over to her and pick her "Shhh it's okay daddy's here" She instantly calms down and I give her a little kiss as I lay her down on the changing table to change her diaper and get her dressed for the day. "There you go all better now" I say while picking her up. I head to the kitchen to make her a bottle, I switch Savannah to my one arm and use the other to make her bottle once it's done I sit in the rocking chair and start feeding her.

While she's drinking her bottle I watch her every little move taking it all in, the best part is her beautiful green/brown hazel eyes (that she get's from Julie) just staring at me. She's halfway done her bottle holding my finger in her tiny hand, I love it, being a dad is amazing. Savannah finishes her bottle so I get up and put her in the swing I strap her in and put it on her favorite settings, I walk over and turn the baby monitor on and bring it with me to the bathroom so I can hear her if she cries while I'm in the shower.

It's now 8:45am and in 15 minutes the first nanny will be here for the interview, I don't even want to be doing this I wish I could stay with Savannah 24/7 but I have to get back to work. A few years back my parents died in a car accident and left me the Restaurant/Bar they owned and it's only me running it because I have no siblings, I have people running it for me right now but I only trust myself to do it right.

These past two weeks have been so hard I don't have many people in my life anymore first my parents pass away then Julie. If it wasn't for my best friend Chris and his wife Shelly I would feel so much more alone then I already do. They help as much as they can but they have jobs and kids that keep them busy. Julie has a sister but she lives 16 hours away in Florida and doesn't visit much.

I'm pacing around my living room when I hear the door bell ding so I go answer the door "Hi I'm Matthew Taylor you must be Ava Carson" I say holding my hand out for her to shake, she shakes it and say's "Yes I am Mr. Taylor" she's much younger than I was expecting but as long as she has great references and is great with Savannah that's all that matters, we go into to the living room and sit down. "Please call me Matthew I'm only 26 Mr. Taylor makes me feel old" I say with a chuckle "Ok" she replies

"So how long have you been working as a nanny?" I ask

"Seven years I started when I was 18 after high school, close friends of my parents were looking for one and my dad suggested me to them because I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters all younger than me and I was always great at helping my parents with them and I love kids. Also I take my job very seriously." she said smiling.

I was about to say something but Savannah started to fuss, as I was about to get up Ava spoke "Oh no please let me get her"  "Sure" I say I wanted to see how Savannah was with her anyway. She goes over to my baby girl and picks her up so caring and gentle and says " Hi Savannah I'm Ava, your just to cute yes you are" I saw Savannah eating her hands so I knew she was hungry and was about say it when I hear Ava say to her "Somebody's hungry aren't they" "I'll go make her a bottle" I say walking past them, Savannah looks happy and seems to like Ava and Ava seems to be great with her and is very attentive. I thought today was going to be a long day of interviewing nannies but I think I got lucky and found the one I like sooner than I expected.

I go back into the living room and go to take the baby to feed her but Ave holds her hand out for the bottle "May I?" Of course I say handing her the bottle. I sit back down and look at her and think yes she's perfect for the job.

"Ava?'

"Yes" she says looking up.

"I thought about it and I think you would be perfect for the job, but before you accept you do know this is a live in position right, because the bar part of the restaurant is open until 2am"

"Yes I do, and I would love to be this little angel's nanny!!" she says excitedly

"Great" I say

We go over all the details and stuff and she leaves. Ava will be moving in this weekend and on Monday I will be going back to work and hopefully things will get better.

A/N: So i'm not sure if I want to do a chapter or two of Ava moving in and her first week or if I should just skip the year to when he starts to realize he has feelings for her please tell me what you think?