We just can't admit it

Chapter 11   We just can't admit it

Ava's POV

I wake up feeling like a train hit me I slowly open my eyes and realize I'm not in my room or bed I feel 2 strong arms wrapped around me knowing they're Matt but I just don't remember how I got here in his arms in my bra and panties, did we have sex I hope not cause I don't remember anything and I would want to remember that. I know we drank a lot of wine last night and I remember talking through the movie but it goes blank after that.

"Matthew" I say nudging him.

"Hmm" he grumbles

"Um what happened last night?"

He tells me everything even the part about him stopping and what he said. Wow that was really sweet this guy is amazing he could have had sex with me but he didn't and that's one of the main reasons I'm falling for him cause he's such a good guy and always treats me great.

"Thanks for stopping and I'm sorry I kissed you, drunk sex that I wouldn't remember the next day would suck cause that's not how I would want to remember our first time together" Shit did I just say that second part out loud I'm an idiot.

"No problem, you don't ever have to worry about me I would never take advantage of you."

"I'm going to get a shower and get ready for the day"

"Okay" he responds.

Now I'm even more confused did he want to be with me or was it just cause we were drunk.

Matthew's POV

Ava leaves my room to go get a shower. She apologized so does that mean she only kissed me cause she was drunk and I'm not asking her because I don't want to seem like an idiot thinking it was more. Last night was great and I didn't want to stop but I she was drunk I just couldn't. I really hope things aren't awkward now. I'm laying here thinking when I hear Savannah babbling through the baby monitor so I get up and get her change and dress her then we head downstairs. "How about pancakes" I say to my baby girl while I put her in her highchair then I get to cooking.

Just as I'm finishing Ava comes down "Would you like some pancakes?" I ask her

"Sure thank you" she says

I sit down at the table and give Savannah her pancakes and put a lil syrup on them then I pass them to Ava and then get my own.

"So um last night can you just forget that happened please" She says breaking the silence and her words hurt me cause I wish it was more than a drunk mishap.

"Yea sure no problem" I say

"Thanks" she says and goes back to eating her pancakes.

We finish eating and I wish I had work tonight but ever since I had that weekend off while the restaurant was being renovated a lil it was so nice I decided to take weekends off from now on and I can't say I have to go in cause I don't want her to think it's because of last night even though it is.

I know I'll take Savannah to the park that will get me out of the house and it's something I normally do. I'll ask her to come but like always but I doubt she will after what happened.

"Ava I'm going to take Savannah to the park, do you want to come?"

"Um no I have some laundry and stuff do but thanks for asking" she says.

Ava's POV

Matt just left with the Savannah and  I'm happy to be alone I do need to do laundry so I got up and put a load in then sit down and flip the T.V. on. I don't know how much longer I can do this he's so confusing he didn't really say much and he didn't seem like it was more than a drunk kiss so I asked him to forget about and he object so I guess he wants to forget it. Things always seem to happen between us when were drunk but they say your true feelings come out when your drunk he kissed me that first time when he was drunk and I kissed him last night. Maybe the next were drunk I'll ask him how he feels about me and maybe then he will tell me the truth.

I decide to call my sister Rachel and talk to her and tell her what happened last night and I tell her everything and she thinks he likes me but wont admit it. Well if he does I need to know, so soon I will get to the bottom of all this and I think I have a plan.

~~~~~2 weeks later~~~~~

Matthew's POV

It's Saturday afternoon and I just dropped Savannah off with Chris and Shelly they are watching her overnight for me cause Ava asked me if I could get a babysitter just for the evening but I asked for overnight cause I didn't want pick her up late or if I had a drink plus I know she will be ok she's used to Chris and Shelly and they have kids I trust them. I still don't know what Ava has planned she's been acting weird ever since our little mishap 2 weeks ago.

I pull in the driveway and make my way in the house and the lights are dim I hear her say I'm in the kitchen so I go in there and she's in a pretty dress and there's a candle lit dinner on the table. I wonder what this is about.

"Please sit" she says and I do.

"This is a nice surprise" I say

"Glad you like it I just felt like we needed something like this just relax and talk you know"

"Yea your right we do, it was a good idea" I say

Dinner was really good and we always have great conversation. I love doing things like this with her I wish I had the guts to tell her how I feel.

To be continued............

A/N I will update tomorrow and there will be a sex scene either next chapter or soon and who POV would you rather it be in Matthew's or Ava's please let me know I can't decide.