Confused

Chapter 6  Confused

~~~ONE YEAR LATER~~~

Matthew's POV

I'm sitting on my back porch just relaxing enjoying this beautiful summer day watching Ava play out back with Savannah, they are so cute Savannah is running around laughing with her cute little dress and pigtails while Ava is chasing her saying I'm gonna get you here comes the tickle monster and then she gently grabs Savannah and starts tickling her they are both rolling around laughing.

They keep playing and stuff and I'm just sitting here thinking I wish Julie could be here, it's been a lil over a year since she passed but I still miss her, I know she mad me promise to move on but it's hard. Ava has been so great this past year I don't know how I would have gotten through all this without her help she goes above and beyond for Savannah, even on her days off she still plays with her like today for example is my day off of work but Ava insisted she watch Savannah free of charge cause apparently all I do is work and when I'm home I'm taking care of Savannah, she said and I Quote "Matthew I'm not taking no for an answer you need a day to yourself and that's final' she was standing with her arms crossed looking all serious when she said it. I only agreed because she looked all cute and concerned when she said it but I told her I would stay home and relax which is what I'm doing now.

I'm glad I have this day to relax and think cause right now I'm confused and I don't know what to do. I think I'm starting have feelings for Ava I mean she's beautiful, caring, and has a great personality. I find myself staring at her sometimes hoping she doesn't notice and her smile it's hypnotizing. I also can't help but feel bad because of Julie. Plus so what if I think I like Ava it doesn't matter she works for me and probably doesn't like me like that. We have a good thing going right now I wouldn't want to ruin that cause of some little crush I have on her.

"Hey you" she says coming up the back porch steps a little out of breath with my baby girl in her arms.

"Having fun?" I say while smiling

"Yup" she says popping the p

We all go inside and Ava puts Savannah in her high chair and gives her one of her Gerber meals, when her meal is all done she looks at us and says "I done yay" while clapping her hands "And your also all messy, lets go give you a bath" Ava says in baby talk.

We tuck Savannah in and give her kisses goodnight. Once were back downstairs Ava turns to me and says "We never had dinner are you hungry? Cause I'm hungry, I'll make a late dinner if you want"

"You know what that would be great I'm starving" I say rubbing my stomach and laughing.

"But are you sure, you don't have to cook we could always order out if you want" I add.

She playfully pushes me "What are you trying to say you don't like my cooking" and makes a pouty face. Not the face I think to myself she's so cute when she makes that face and for some reason I just wanted to grab her and kiss her but I didn't. Uhg I have to stop thinking about her like this.

I laugh and say "No babe your a good cook, I promise I just thought since you had a busy day with Savannah you would like to relax a little bit yourself" Shit I just called her babe why did I do that it just came out of my mouth so naturally.

I know she heard me but she didn't say anything, thank God.

"You know what your right I am kind of tired, take out does sound good if you don't mind?"

"Of course not so what do you think pizza, chinese, sandwhich club, or takeout from the diner around the corner I have the menu for all of them"

"I don't know what are you in the mood for?" She asks