Chapter 11

AUTHORS NOTE!

(I see you trying to scroll past this. Diego is watching you)

Thank you to all of you for having my mother in your prayers and wishing her a speedy recovery. She's doing so much better. I swear I cried when I read your comments. You guys are wonderful.

I think this is the first time since I first started this book 3 years ago that I have ever updated this book twice in one month.

Follow me on instagram if you want to see what my ugly self looks like: @lilibeth_alvarado

* * * * * *

Chapter 11

"Buenos Dias hermanita"

Looking up from my bowl of cereal, I mumble a 'good morning' back to my brother Diego. I swirl the last of my cereal around the bowl.

"Are you going to continue to be depressed over what Adriano told you?" Diego says while he opens the fridge and starts scanning its contents.

"I'm not depressed!" I retort a little too strongly.

It had been three days since my information exchange with Adriano. I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't affected. I had so many questions yet I didn't know what to do, who to speak too.

"Well you're acting lik-" He begins but stops when he glances towards me and sees what I'm about to do.

He ducks as I throw my spoon at him. Laughing, he runs out of the kitchen, leaving the fridge door open. He knows I can't run. Hell, I could hardly walk.

I can't help but smile as I watch him leave. In just a span of a few days our sibling relationship improved, any awkwardness that was there in the beginning has vanished. It's like we have always been in each other's life. We made fun of each other and got into stupid arguments just like another other siblings did.

"Don't run away you little pus-"

"¿Quién eres?" A masculine voice interrupts me.

I freeze at the sound of the unfamiliar voice. It can't be Santiago since he had just left the house not even 10 minutes ago. Diego just ran out of the kitchen from a door on the opposite side of where I was sitting. The men that watch over Santiago's estate all knew my face and name, and I knew theirs.

I slowly glance behind my shoulder and freeze again when I came face to face with the end of gun. A sound that resembles a mouse leaves my lips.

A tall, muscular man stands there, straight and tall with a guarded look on his face. His hand hold the gun steady, pointed directly at my forehead, his eyes never once leaving my head.

"¿Que pasa? No tienes lengua?"

At this precise moment I don't.

I don't dare say that out loud. I begin to become cross-eyed from looking at the gun. In just a span of a week I have been threatened and beatened. If I didn't understand how serious and dangerous the mafia was after getting my ass beaten then this sure has hell sealed the deal.

The sudden urge to pee hit me like a canon ball.

The man clenches his teeth. Panic sets in as his fingers grip onto the gun a little harder.

"Mierda! Leonardo, put the fucking glock down you dickhead!"

Diego's choice of colorful words makes the man look away from me. However, he doesn't lower his gun. I don't move.

"Who the fuck is this" Mystery man says.

"Our little sister that's who the fuck she is. Why the fuck are you always walking around and pointing that at people? This is why you can never get laid, man. You scare all the women away" Diego says with a laugh. He puts an arm around my shoulders and leans against me.