Lookin In

- 3rd person pov

Since Gino's last encounter with his kids and his brother he grew guilty. He wouldn't admit it but everyone knew. Gino was the boss , the last person who questioned him ended up in jail for his work. That last person was none other than Shawn.

Years ago Shawn was getting worried for his brother. Thought he was getting a little to attached to his kids and asked him when he was gonna tell them. Which struck a nerve. In Gino's head those were his kids , nobody else's. To keep Shawn from exposing him to the kids , he sent him to jail. By giving the police an anyomous tip on a young black man selling on clark street. Ever since that night it haunted Gino , but he couldn't bare the thought of his kids no longer looking up to him the way they did. So he did what he thought was best. But now it's came back to bite him in the ass.

"They'll come around " Kandi told Gino.

She was sick of seeing her husband down , hell she was sick of her husband at times. 40 years of marriage , 40 years of so many secrets its getting hard for her to keep up. Gino said nothing in response nothing could be said.

........

All night James was tossing around he barely got any sleep , and he knew why. Everytime he closed his eyes he pictured him and Shanel in the same jail cell looking up at Gino. Everytime Gino would say those same words

"Never bite the hand that feeds you" . James was beyond scared , he wanted to forget about this life.

But he knew it wasn't that easy , life isnt that easy. Besides he couldn't leave his new dad or Shanel. If he showed it or not he'd accepted Shawn its just something wasnt sitting right with him knowing Shawn was in jail. Gino has so many workers why would Shawn be the one to end up in jail considering he's his brother.

"Bubba.." Shanel's soft voice spoke. Walking over to his side she began playing in his hair. She knew her brother hadn't got any sleep it was evident.

"We gone be okay" she whispered cuddling him like he used to do when she ran away from her mom at times.

In Shanel's arms James fell alseep peacefully. Shanel layed there wide awake , on the edge of tears. She didn't realize till now how much Gino is capable of. She's always known he was powerful , just never thought he would use it on family. Now she was very cautious........

.......

"Were not living this life forever ... I can't. I'm tired of being cold. " Shanel told Juan staring off into space as he held her. "

Me to" he agreed.

"I wanna move... somewhere across the world" Shanel spoke.

"We can't leave like this , we got to put the pieces together" Juan said this situation wasn't sitting well with him either. It was fishy , real fishy.

"Here I am supposed to be hard and I've been crying" Shanel said as tears fell.

"Everybody has there breaking point , don't be scared to feel" Juan kissed her cheek and let her cry on his chest. There was nothing he could do at this point besides be by her side.

..............

 "It wasn't a coincidence you ended up in jail" Roy told Shawn.

Roy and Shawn been tight since diapers , he was the only person to visit him in jail. Roy was his eyes while he was in jail , they were brothers by loyalty not blood.

"I know , it always felt planned" Shawn admitted.

Typing on his computer Roy was hacking into the police database of Detroit back about 3 years ago. Attempting to see who snitched , even though he already has a clue. All he needed was information to back it up.

"What was the exaxt day?" Roy asked him. Shawn hated reminscing on this day

"January 5th 2010" he stated. All Roy did was nod proceeding to look for the calls.

"Time frame?" he asked getting closer and closer.

"11-12" Shawn blankly said. Roy's eyebrows wrinkled together as he noticed two calls during that time frame that lasted 1 minute exactly.. yeah it was more than planned.

(391-723-0987) ? Roy questioned. Shawn was thinking trying to remember who's number it was it sounded so familiar.

"What about (391-0231-8421)" Roy asked.

"Both of them called ... Kandi & Gino" Shawn said.

"Thats weird... which one snitched?" Roy was confused. He began looking to see if the phone's had locations at the time period

"I dont understand.." Roy started.

"Neither of em have a location nothing to track em " he spoke.

"There good" Shawn said before standing up and pacing.

"Look how bout we just finish tomorow" Roy spoke after realizing how stressed Shawn was.

"Fine" Shawn walked to his room and slammed his door.

That night he layed wide awake .... trying to remember everything