I do it good to .

"Shanel I need you to go on Vanity for tonight alright ?" Gino said.

"What am I carrying ?" i asked not interested.

I'm so used to selling on these streets nothing fazes me anymore these streets made me coldhearted. I've seen so many things , for some people it would haunt them but for me its just there. I realized awhile back I couldn't save this fucked up world.

"White" he said.

"Fine by me , I be back around 11 to pick it up" I said leaving.

Gino was like my father , the only nigga who really gave a fuck about me besides James. James and I basically grew up together we had similar situations. Except Gino took him in to live with him , me on the other hand would rather wait up for my mom to come home instead of being safe in Gino's home.

3 years ago my mom stopped coming home I was only 15 I had just began selling tryna make extra money for both of us until she left me with a letter. A bullshit ass letter with a bullshit excuse. She was never fit to be my mother which is exactly why Gino came in my life. Gino came to me one day when I was walking from the store. Mama told me to go along and play so her and her client could talk business. Business as in sex , my mama was a whore. But i loved that whore.

Flashback

I was walking around the neighborhood. I just passed this man he was tall and built. With long dreads , he reminded me of the imaginary dad i thought of when mama screamed at me threatening to hurt me .

"How old are you" was the first thing Gino asked me.

"15" I replied shyly.

He looked me up and down and took me to his car ,

"Aint no reason why you should be walking by yourself young lady what's your name?" he said as we drove to I'm guessing his house.

"Shanel'" I said lowly.

"That's a pretty name speak up sweetie , i aint gonna hurt you. Where ya folks at?" he asked.

"My mama at home she the one who sent me outside , some man came as always and I had to leave" i blurted out.

"Well that's wrong of ya mama , you wanna come eat with me and my son" he asked.

That day I ate with him and James. Dinner in there home was good , it made me feel wanted. As if someone in this hell of a world cares of my well being. That day Gino told me if I ever needed anything he was here , and ever since that day he always was my guardian angel.

*end of flashback*

When mama left i stayed in the apartment , why i don't know. Sometimes I thought she would come back apologize and we'd be perfect. Everyday things got more realistic my mama didn't give a fuck about some lil girl who only wanted a mama that loved her.

..

Before getting to my apartment door Cameron stepped out his apartment. Cameron had chocolate skin with one dimple on his right cheek , perfect white teeth , a beautiful new York accent and a sexy face. The only thing bad about him was his personality. Cameron had his good moments but he truly was a asshole.

"Where you been beautiful" he said looking over my thighs.

"Streets" i said hoping he understood without me explaining.

He walked over to me , he looked down on me considering i was only 4'9.

"Ma , you way to beautiful to be so heavy in these streets" he said lifting my chin up , we were now staring at each other.