Your Virtue Is Still Intact

*Finlay's POV*

                          I seriously didn't want to open my eyes. The light that blazed through my eyelids was bad enough. The pounding that generated in my head grew the more I woke up.

'Oh dear lord, I'm never going to drink again,' I whispered internally.

                          It was extremely quiet in the house, shame it couldn't be said about my head however. I braced myself & opened my eyes, slowly. The light was a blinding white until my eyes adjusted themselves. Since when was the daylight amped up to maximum overload? I could hear footsteps coming towards Rebekah's room.

Rebekah opened the door & peeked in, "morning starshine. I thought you might need these."

She padded over to the bed I roughly slept in & handed me a pair of sunglasses.

"Are these designer ones?" I looked over them then carefully placed them on.

"Of course darling, nothing but the best," she sat on the edge of the bed, "so how are you feeling?"

"A bit of warning that the following morning would make me feel like death warmed up would've been muchly appreciated," I turned to see a couple of Advil & a glass of water on the side table.

"Elijah left them for you last night. He figured you may need them this morning," she grinned at me.

The flashbacks of last night flowed like a waterfall in my head – feeling clouded, going outside with Elijah, throwing up.

My head instantly shot toward her, "Oh my god. Your brother must hate me. I'm so embarrassed. What will he think of me?"

She giggled, "I doubt that he could ever hate you. Besides it's nothing that he's never seen before. I know exactly what he thinks of you but that's for another time. Now you need to remove yourself from this bed & go freshen up. Elijah's cooking breakfast & there's freshly squeezed orange juice."

When I pulled the covers off me, I noticed that I wasn't in last night's dress.

I must have had the look of utter horror showing across my face as Rebekah informed me, "I undressed you, well partly anyway. Elijah is too much of a gentleman to do it himself & when I arrived home he asked if I could make you more comfortable. So your virtue is still intact."

                              I wasn't sure if I was relieved or not. Someone I had only known a short amount of time has seen me partly naked.

"How did you get that?" she questioned pulling me out of my own inner turmoil.

I hadn't been conscious of getting myself up, "oh that. It's an old scar. I can be really clumsy at times."

"You wore 3 inch heels last night when you were intoxicated & worked those babies. Clumsy isn't what I'd call you. Besides you didn't actually answer my question," she raised her eyebrows & stood with her arms crossed by the doorway.

I had to give her a response so she would just drop it, "I haven't always been coordinated. I was an incredibly inept child."

I could see in her eyes that she didn't believe me but she left it, "ok then. When you're ready, come down stairs."

                               I waited until she departed. I also hadn't realized that I had been holding my breath. I sat with my feet touching the floor & took several deep breaths. I wish I had been more aware that one of my scars was in full view to be seen. I traced the 5cm disfigurement that sat high on my thigh. Past memories arose in my sub-conscious. I didn't want to go there, not now, not ever. I pushed them back behind the wall I had built many years before. I needed to go shower & let the tension wash down the drain. On my way to the bathroom I swallowed the Advil & hoped that I would feel more alive than I did presently.