One Last Kiss

*Niklaus' POV*

                             Elijah has finally left to have his precious time together with our sister & Finlay's grandmother. I've heard about it all week & to say I was over it was not enough. I had earlier that day compelled a young woman to come over after seven to satisfy my needs & hunger. Sometimes being a hybrid has its perks.

The doorbell chimed, "right on time."

                             I let her in & I won't go into the details but I was indeed sated. I compelled her once again & sent her on her way.

                             About an hour later I heard Elijah pull up. I looked at the clock. I wasn't expecting him back for at least a couple more hours. Maybe dinner didn't go as well as he hoped. Maybe the grandmother didn't think her granddaughter was too good for him. Oh well, I guess I was about to find out.  

Elijah came in, his voice bellowing, "Niklaus, where are you?"

"Right here if you had taken the time to look before yelling the house down," I replied from the lounge room.

"I need to arrange a meeting with you & someone from our past," his answer was a touch baffling.

"I thought you just got back from your meeting with Finlay's grandmother," I had no idea if we were on the same page.

"I was & that's where I came in contact with the person. So will you agree to it?" he was more enigmatic than a crossword puzzle.

"Bloody hell Elijah, for someone who knows me as well & as long as you have should know that I won't agree to such things unless I know whom I'm meeting with," my impatience was now catching up.

"Elizabeth," this was all he said.

I was still in the dark, "Elizabeth who?"

                              My head was now going through past connections & I was about to blow up at him until a woman's face settled in my mind. Hundreds of memories swamped my once clear mind. Could it be possible after almost sixty five years?

I had to know, "my Elizabeth?"

"Yes," he responded.

"Was she at the restaurant that you went to?" my heart broke again as it had all those years ago.

"Yes she was. Elizabeth is Finlay's grandmother," it was like the dagger to my heart.

This couldn't be true, "her grandmother? Does Finlay know this?"

                               Elijah recapped the night in full & I couldn't speak. This couldn't be happening not so soon after I lost my Camille.

"Yes I would love to have that meeting. When can you arrange it?" I had to finally make this right before it was too late.

"I'll call her now & set it up for the morning," he read some piece of paper he extracted from his pocket.

"Thank you Elijah. I'll see you in the morning," I could stand there any longer I needed to start organize everything so no one else needed to.

                                I rang all the places that needed to be contacted & paid for everything up front. I know this would only make up for a small bit but I felt that I needed to this especially because it was my dear sweet Elizabeth. The first woman I never ever wanted to hurt or to get hurt being bought into our chaotic world.