Stop The World, I Want To Get Off

*Finlay's POV*

                            Elijah drove us back to the house. I had so many mixed emotions that I felt like I was on a roller coaster.

'Damn it. Stop the world, I want to get off,' I stared out at the bright street lights that blurred passed.

                            I wondered how much of a good idea it was to be staying at this house now. I didn't know why I was so infuriated with just Elijah. The three of them had the same amount of play in this but yet it was him that I just couldn't get past. I needed time away from him maybe but I don't know if I could do that. Elijah parked that car but didn't attempt to get out. He looked over at me but never said a word. That same pained hurt expression sat upon his beautiful face. Rebekah & Nik took that as a queue to leave us alone.

"If I could take it all back to the beginning, I would. I would've told you everything if I knew this was how it would be. I will support you in whichever decision you make Finlay," he sounded crushed.

                            He got out from the car & came around to open my door. I was glad that he was still willing to do that for me.

I got out as he still stood beside the car, "I need some time to think Elijah before I hear what you have to tell me. Would it be easier if I left & stayed at my grandmother's house?"

His eyes whipped up to me, sadness & fear gripped them, "I will take you there if you wish, but I would prefer that you were here though."

His tone ripped through me like a razor (how convenient), "I will stay then."

                            I couldn't do this, but I needed to make my point to him that he just couldn't expect us to work if he could just as easiy lie to me. He must have sensed my internal agony & he without hesitation wrapped his arms around me. I never reciprocated the gesture but I did lean in to him, smelling his scent one last time before I walked away & up to my room.

                            I closed the door & threw myself onto the bed, losing all self control. I screamed into my pillow & bawled until there was nothing left. The thought of ripping at my skin came to mind & I wondered if that razor was still there. I walked into the bathroom but found none. Elijah must have taken them all away. He was a smart man & I was angry but grateful for that.

                            About an hour or so later, whilst I had gotten the sketch book from my bag & did a few touch ups on my drawing, there was a knock at my door. I had a choice of thee people that would be on the other side.

"Fin, can I come in?" Rebekah's voice answered my unasked question.

"Sure," I kept drawing, wanting it finished.

She walked in closing the door behind her, "I know it's probably a silly question but how are you doing?"

"There are no silly questions, just silly answers. I'm numb, confused, hurt, angry, sad, lost. You get the picture," I wondered if that came out bitchier than I intended it to.

"I understand. I wasn't sure if you wanted to even talk to me or not. I can leave if you don't," she sounded sad.

                             I took a final look at my drawing & decided if I did anymore that I would ruin it. I put the pencil down & spun the chair around to face her. She was standing near the door.

"You know you can come in & sit down, it's more your house than mine," why was I being so rude to her?

She walked over & looked at the drawing I had just finished, "you did this? It's amazing."