You Know This Means War

*Elijah's POV*

                          I didn't want to let her go but I needed to bring her belongings in from my car. I loaded up my arms & headed back up to her room. She smelt the roses when I entered. I was glad that they made her happy. I would make a point of having fresh rose's delivered every week from now on.

"The roses are beautiful. Thank you again Lijah," she relieved me from some of the items I held.

"They aren't as beautiful as you though," I gently situated the rest on her bed & went for round two.

                           It took another two trips before the Mercedes was item free. I thought about what I should cook the three of us for dinner. I hoped she would like what I had decided on. I knew Rebekah would love it regardless.

"I will leave you to get more settled in. I have dinner to arrange," I walked toward her, kissing her tenderly on the lips before leaving her to her own devices.

I met Rebekah by the front door, "good evening Rebekah. Dinner will be ready in about twenty, possibly thirty minutes."

"I love it when you cook. Where's my BFF?" she was carrying some of her own items.

"She's settling in to her room. Do you want me to give you a hand?" I asked her.

"No, you just get in that kitchen & make something appetizing," she took her stuff to her room.

                               I salvaged the ingredients for my award winning Chicken Cabonara, well award winning in my families eyes anyway. I diced the chicken breast & threw it in the pan to cook. I boiled the fettuccine pasta & went to work on the other ingredients. I knew it was a quick meal but delicious none the less. After everything that was separately cooking was done, I mixed them all together & stirred. I wanted to have the table set before Finlay got down here. I positioned the placemats in their rightful places & was about to lay the cutlery down when Finlay joined me.

"Who's not joining us?" she snooped around my cuisine that was still not quite ready.

"Niklaus, he has other matters that he's attending to. He may be missing from the house for the next couple of nights," I needed her away from a place that may burn her so I handed her the cutlery.

"Whatever you're cooking smells divine," she joined me back at the stove, wrapping her arms around my waist.

                             This was something I had never experienced before & of course here comes my sister to spoil the party.

Rebekah stood cross armed in the doorway, "can you two please not do that near the food if you expect me to eat it?"

Finlay let go & turned round to face her, "how long have you been home for?"

"You were in your room & I didn't want to disturb you. By the way, I'll be having dinner with Clark tomorrow night & don't wait up," Rebekah informed the two of us.

"I thought the date was on Friday night," Finlay replied.

"It is but he told me that he would cook me a meal back at his dorm. I need to see if the man can cook," she sat down at the table.

"Now go sit & I'll serve up," I turned around to face Finlay, kissing her on the forehead.

I served up each of us a plate, delivering the girls theirs before getting mine & sitting down at the table, "bon appétit."