Bacon Or Pancakes

*Elijah's POV*

                           After making Finlay as comfortable as I could I retreated into the library. I scanned the hundreds of books packed onto the shelves but came to the conclusion I had read every one & I would indeed need to get some new ones. I wonder what Finlay would like. It was then I smiled sheepishly to myself, I couldn't even for one moment stop thinking about her. I wandered over to the laptop that was set up on the desk that sat in the centre of the room. I guess I should check what events were currently playing that I could take my young love to.

"Yes I think that would be perfect," I booked the tickets online.

                            I marvelled at today's world & how far it has progressed; with just the click of a button, you were done. It did take me a while to get it down pat years ago but we all grew with the times.

                            I heard a car pull up out the front & wondered which sibling would be gracing me with their presence. Ah, Rebekah's home. 

I opened the door just as she inserted the key into the lock, "did you have an enjoyable evening sister dearest?"

"Yes it was actually good to let my hair down with my favourite brother & I guess the other one too. So did you enjoy your night?" she beamed walking past me through the door.

"I did actually. It seems like centuries since I did that. Thank you for allowing me to crash your party," we both entered the lounge room.

"So how was Fin?" she questioned.

"Very drunk & she was in fact very unwell just after we left. She's now resting comfortably but I think you should get her out of that dress & into something more comfortable. I feel she will be waking with a killer headache so I took the liberty to leave two Advil & a glass of water on her bedside table for the morning," I waited for the sarcasm to come.

She went to the stairs, her back toward me but an evident smile was present in her voice, "you know you could've undressed her & she wouldn't have known."

I rolled my eyes & bored a hole in her back, "Rebekah you know that is not my style. Now go & tend to your friend."

                              She giggled knowing that wasn't how I played at all. I think she was hoping for more of a bite than I gave her. Sometimes I think Niklaus has rubbed off on her more & more every day.   I waited for at least 20 minutes before going upstairs to say goodnight. I didn't want to walk in at the wrong time & see more than I needed to. Trust me I wanted to but no, another time & it had to be consensual.

Rebekah spoke knowing I was there, "you can come in Lijah."

I emerged into the room, "just coming in to say goodnight to at least you."

"Are you sure about that? Are you sure it wasn't to just have one last look at a certain sleeping beauty before you head to bed & have wonderful dreams about her?" she knows me all too well I'm afraid

A grin crept upon my face, "perhaps you could be right there. I am very fond of her Rebekah & tonight I would've been in my right mind to take care of our brother if he continued to carry on the way he did around her," I looked at this picturesque young woman sleeping soundly in front of me & then tore my eyes away to Rebekah, "it was rather a shame that he was called away for business that needed his attention immediately. You wouldn't know anything about that would you?"