There's Nowhere I'd Rather Be

*Elijah's POV*

                         We were all in a more sombre mood now that Niklaus had left. I wondered how Finlay was going to cope that now it was more final for her about Elizabeth. I would have to keep an extra eye on her & that would start now, well if I knew where she had disappeared to. Sometimes I hate when I think things over. Even Rebekah had left the room. Wonderful, I would have to find her also.

                         I found Rebekah sitting in her room, crying but talking on the phone, if you could call blubbering into the handpiece talking. She was taking Niklaus' departure hard. Perhaps it was because of the massive change within him – I wasn't sure. I left to find my love & I soon did. She was painting madly. I didn't want to disturb her so I just stood & watched. Each new stroke created more to the picture until I realised it was Elizabeth back when we knew her. It occurred to me that I now saw how much Finlay looked like her, but why hadn't I seen it before. Elizabeth had been a huge part of our lives.

                          I'm not sure how much time I stood observing her but she turned around & jumped slightly.

"I didn't mean to scare you my love, I was just taken by the beauty of your art piece," I made no attempt to move.

"How long have you been standing there for?" She cleaned the brushes, putting them in their rightful place.

"I'm not sure actually. I was in a trance just watching you paint. You have an eye for detail," I smiled as she walked toward me.

"I don't normally allow anyone to see my masterpieces until they're finished but I guess I'll make an exception for you," she tiptoed to kiss me.

I wrapped my arms around her, lifting her slightly, "I feel honoured. Do you feel like eating out or in for dinner?"

"In, I think. I'm not in a people kind of mood. Besides I think I'm going to need several drinks tonight," she stared into my eyes.

"In it is then. Should I get delivery or do you want me to cook?" I still had her in my arms off the ground.

"You're always cooking, so have the night off & order Chinese," she smiled, "has anyone ever told you that you have the most dreamy brown eyes."

"Maybe, but I don't listen to idle gossip, but coming from you makes me happy," I kissed her nose & lowered her down.

"I'm going to check on Rebekah before I ring up for dinner. She seemed to be rather upset before I found you," I told her as we exited the room.

"How about I go check on her & you arrange dinner?" she tilted her head at me.

"Maybe her best friend wound be better company," I agreed with her.

I walked downstairs, pick up my mobile & dialled our usual Chinese restaurant.

*Rebekah's POV*

                             I hated when our family was torn apart. I don't even know where Nik has gone. I'll talk with him later, I guess. I didn't want to stand here anymore. Maybe I should call Clark & see if that cheers me up. Once I got upstairs, I got my phone from my handbag & dialled his number.

"Hey babe, how you doing?" he answered.

"My brother left us," I felt myself lose it again.

"Why? What happened?" his tone full of concern.

"It's a long & complicated story. I will have to let you in on something but not over the phone. I guess I just needed to hear your voice," she sniffled.