Maybe I Would Google It Later

*Finlay's POV*

                             When I awoke the following morning Rebekah was still in the land of nod. I quickly & quietly put on one of her robes & headed downstairs. I could hear movement from the kitchen & the smell coffee wafted through the air. I padded my way into the kitchen to find Niklaus standing at the counter making himself a cup of coffee.

"Good morning love. How did you sleep?" he spoke without turning.

'How did he even know I was even there?' I questioned myself.

"Fine, thank you," I wasn't sure why I felt so nervous around him.

"Would you like a cup?" his back still to me.

"Yes please," I walked over to the table & sat down.

                                He picked up the two steaming hot mugs & bought them over, joining me. The unsettling silence was just that – unsettling.

"So how did you & my sister meet exactly? I know you haven't started classes yet," he looked directly at me.

"We share a dorm room & we're studying the same bachelor's degree," I was having troubles finding words to come out.

He smirked, "ah yes Fine Arts. Which will be your major?"

"Visual Arts. Rebekah decided on Acting as hers, that's if she hasn't already told you," I fidgeted with the robe cord.

He leant on the table, "everything ok love? You seem rather nervous."

Great he did notice, "I guess it must be because tomorrow is the start of four years of hard work to complete two degrees."

He appeared surprised by my response, "so you're not just doing Fine Arts?"

"No, I'm doing my Bachelor of Arts as well. I think I regret taking on a little more than I can possibly handle. I haven't even chosen a major in that," perhaps that's the reason for my feeling unsettled & nervous after all.

"You know you could always postpone the Arts one for a while & when you're ready you can pick it back up," he suggested, which wasn't a bad idea.

"Maybe you're right. I'll talk with the admin tomorrow during break," I sipped my coffee & decided that I would do just that.

"So who is your lecturer for Fine Arts?" he had finished his coffee & put the empty mug in the sink to rinse it.

"I'm pretty sure his name was Thomas Warrington. He is supposed to be one of the best lectures in the university," I felt a little more relaxed.

"I'm sure he is & I hope he takes good care of you," he finally the mug into the dishwasher & shut the door.

Someone came up behind me & kissed me on the head, "good morning Finlay."

I saw Niklaus smirk at his brother, why, I didn't know.

"Well, I have things to do, people to see. It was nice talking to you Finlay & as always it's a pleasure," Niklaus started to leave the kitchen.

"Yes, thank you Niklaus for the suggestion," I replied.

"Anytime love," he left the two of us.

I felt Elijah brush past me to get himself a wake-me-up, "I hope my brother didn't bother you too much."

I couldn't help but let my eyes follow his shirtless body over to the bench, "umm.... well no, he was actually helping me on something that has been bothering me the past few days."