That's My Signature Outfit

*Elijah's POV*

                         I drove the four of us home. The emotional turmoil that Finlay was dealing with was emitting off her were almost suffocating.

'Damn it. Stop the world, I want to get off,' she thought loudly that I'm sure the other two had heard her.

                        The not too long of trip seemed to take longer & finally we arrived. I wanted to tell her anything she wanted to know right then but I wasn't sure if I wanted an audience to do it. I peered over at her but no words would escape. My siblings read what I had wanted & went inside. 

"If I could take it all back to the beginning I would. I would've told you everything if I knew this was how it would be. I will support you in which ever decision you make Finlay," I was going to except the inevitable & I didn't care if my heart was on show.

I left the car & did what I would always do for her.

She got out as I stood there waiting for her, "I need some time to think Elijah before I hear what you have to tell. Would it be easier if I left & stayed at my grandmother's house?"

This was it, I was certain & it tore at my insides, "I will take you there if you wish but I would prefer that you were here though."

She replied, "I will stay then."

                          I was only slightly relieved that she wasn't leaving but her mind was scaring me. All I wanted to do was save her form herself. I tangled her in my arms but she never responded, only rested against me. I felt her wanting to leave me & even with my mind screaming 'don't let her go', I did. I could do nothing but just watch her disappear up the stairs & down the hall. It happened, I had lost her. This was the reason that I never let anyone in – ever. The mental anguish was so relentless I felt the physical pain consume me & I knew what I had to do. I walked in feeling conquered & the sound of her screaming in pain was the final straw. I raced off to Niklaus' retreat & came back with what I needed to help me finish it all.  Rebekah & Niklaus were standing in there lounge room looking just as pathetic as I was.

"Niklaus I can't do this anymore. I want it to end now. You have to end me now. I can't live in a world that exists without her," I handed him the dagger. 

"Elijah, no you can't do this. I'm sure that we can sort it out. Give her time. Do you think she would want this?" Rebekah froze, alarm evident in her eyes.

"Brother, don't you think that's a bit reckless? I'm certain that you wouldn't want to cause Finlay any more hurt than she is already going through," he took the dagger from me but I knew he wouldn't do it.

                           I wondered if I angered him enough would that work. Rebekah tried her hardest to make me see how bad this would be & Niklaus put his opinion out there. The three of us went silent because it had been an hour since we arrived back & there was no movement or noise from the upper level. That terrified me. I had taken precautions last night & removed all the razors from her bathroom. Could she have done something else?

I went to leave but Rebekah held my arm, "let me talk to her."

I thought perhaps that would be better as Finlay needed space away from me.

"You know that if it is truly over between us & I will take matters into my own hands, with or without your assistance," I promised my younger brother.

"You know I can't allow that & I will fight you until there is nothing to fight about," he handed me a glass.

                           I drank it in one go & I wondered if it could've turned out different some way. If I was human this would be easier to deal with. I could hear their voices but every time I heard Finlay's it was like knives to my stomach, so I just ceased listening.