~Chapter 23~

I didn't know who I wanted to kill more at this moment; Mirembe for being an idiot or Ransom for being Ransom.

I turned away then turned back and I still saw him in front of me, "You've got be freaking kidding me!" I exploded.

"It's nice to see you too, Your Highness," he said with a small smile playing on his. I ignored him and turned to Mirembe, "Are you freaking drunk, high or possessed?!"

"Snow, we don't have another choice," she replied.

"Mind refresher; this guy tried to murder me and I know for a fact that if Elijah offered him a high enough amount of money he'll kill both of us! Hell, he could even sell his soul to the devil."

"As they say, sell your soul not your whole self," Ransom chipped in nonchalantly.

I groaned out loud and paced around then stopped, then started pulling my fingers through my hair to prevent me from punching someone. I really felt like I was going to boil over and kill someone.

"Snow, I really don't like this guy either and I swear if we had another option I'll jump at it," She said trying to calm me down. "But we only got him and the difference between coming out there alive with Xher and brutally murdered is him."

"You two really know the definition of a private conversation," Ransom said in a plain voice.

I closed my eyes than exhaled hard to calm myself down. I needed to think straight, I needed to look past my anger to fix this mess. I opened my eyes slowly then said, "You're right, he's all we got," then I turned to Ransom, "I swear, if you-"

Ransom sudden laugh cut me off, "You really have gotten a sense of humour over the years. Who the hell do you think will ever be afraid of..."

He trailed off as his diaphragm struggled to expand as he inhaled. He tried to drag oxygen into his lungs but the more he tried the more difficult and painful it became. I watched him try to keep his posture, his cool, but as every minute of agonizing pain went by, his prefect façade started to fade away and he started to gasp for air as his body bent over.

I let go of him and he started drinking up the air. His blood shot eyes met my blue ones and with a hint of fear he said, "What the hell are you?"

"Oh, haven't heard? I'm actually half human half Raven," I replied. "So to get back to my threat, if you don't bring Xherdan back or you try to kill anyone of us, I swear you won't live a single second to regret it, got it?"

I stared at him for a while and he stared back at me as he tried to straighten himself. I knew he could tell this time that this wasn't a threat from some nobody that would never live up to it but rather from a person that didn't want to lose more than she has already lost.

"Get into the car," he finally said.

Mirembe took the front seat next to Ransom while I took the back. Once he started the car and we started to move, I leaned my head against the cold window and exhaled.

* * * *

I blinked my eyes opened and I realised that the car had come to a stop. I looked around and saw the car in the drive way of a large wooden cabin house surrounded by bare trees laden with snow. It was already dark and the lights of the wooden house were already on.

"Where the hell are we?" I asked puzzled.

"At one of my houses," Ransom replied.

I almost choked, "We should be at the Palace..."