~Chapter 1~

The bus came to a stop and the bus driver turned his head.
I was the only one on the bus as the other people had gotten off at other stops and rightfully so.

"This is my last stop," the driver informed me.

I took my backpack from under the chair and put it over my shoulder.
The man watched as I walked out of the bus but before I could step out he said, "You know, if you want I can take you back tomorrow for free?"

I stared at him in confusion.

"What I mean, is that you don't look like the type of girl that would enjoy this place."

That's what I needed. A place where no one would think that I'll be in.

I smiled at him. "Thanks but don't worry, I'll be fine."

"Alright then."

I stepped out of the bus and doors closed behind me.
Immediately, the heat from the hot sun hit my neck.
Ugh...

The bus pulled away and I turned my head to a green sign board, next to the road. On it said; 'Welcome' but under it, the words 'to hell' were sprayed in red.

'Welcome to hell'
Yay....

Pushing the words out of my head, I walked into the town.

The place was pretty small, it looked like those small towns that you passed when you're going somewhere else or just to fuel up. The only time that it was nice to see them was in your rearview mirror when you were driving away.

Unfortunately, this was my new home.

I kicked the sand and hot air caused it to rise up.

From all places that my mom and I could have chosen, we decided to take this crap hole.

Great.

* * * *
I threw myself on the bed and looked up at the ceiling fan as sweat poured down my body.

Mom was able to rent me a flat. It wasn't posh and it was far from resembling anything of home but at least it was clean, otherwise I would have killed myself.

The past few days have been hell for me. I never thought in my life that I would fear my own Dad and would be running away from him.

I got off the bed and walked over to the mirror that was hanging on the wall.
I took off my shirt and looked at my back.

Crap, it was getting bigger.

Since, my family and I find out that I wasn't or partly not human marks started to appear on my back.
At first, I had no clue what they were.....then two days ago, I noticed that they were wings.
They were massive. They started at my shoulder and went down to my waist.

But to be honest, I don't completely hate the marks.
I mean, if it had been a tattoo I had gotten, it would be freaking awesome but since its appearing out of nowhere, its freaky.

My stomach rumbled and I remembered that most of my trip I hadn't really eaten anything.

I put my shirt back on, took my backpack and walked out of my flat to scanvage for food.

I walked down the dusty path and in a few minutes, I found a diner.
I pushed the door open and felt how cool air rushed to my face and my skin drank it up.
I stood in the doorway with my eyes closed.
The air continued to push towards me and I inhaled the air.

Yeah, the air was artificial and coming from a air-con....but I welcomed it as if it was water in a desert.

Someone cleared their throat and it snapped me from my trance.
I turned my head and saw a elderly woman behind me, she looked annoyed.