~Chapter 9~

My head was throbbing.

Celine was talking about something while we sat in the dining hall but I was in too much pain to care.

I moved my food around my plate with my fork.

I got my ass kicked hard my Olive.

Yes, by little, skinny Olive.

You should have seen her face, joy was engraved all over it and I decided to concentrate on that rather on the embarrassment that I bestowed upon myself.

"...that's what I actually think I should do," Celine said.

Not hearing a single word that she had said before, I just agreed with her. For all I knew, she could have just said that she would sell her organs on the black market and to be honest I wouldn't really give a damn.

"Celine! Celine!" A girl cried out with excitement as she rushed over to our table. "You won't believe what happened."

"What?" Celine asked curiously as the girl placed her food on the table and sat opposite her.

"I had training with him," she replied.

"With how?"

"You know who," she said and the both giggled.

Oh no, teenage-love- affair crap....one more thing to add to my headache.

I placed my head between my hands and allowed my long bleach blond hair to act as a curtain to block me from them.

But I could still hear them.

"But on a serious note, Stace. I think you shouldn't try to get close to him...you know how messed up he is."

"But that's what I like," she replied. "The mystery that surrounds him."

Oh please someone hang me before this crap kills me.

"Besides, I think his taken," Celine warned.

"By who?"

"Her," Celine said in my direction.

My head snapped up and I stared at them both.

What the hell are these people talking about?

"I mean," Celine said. "You both share his room, so you both are obliviously going out, right?"

Oh, they were talking about Xher, his arrogant ass will enjoy this. "No, we're just friends. I got no other place to crash cause he's the only person I know here."

"True," Stace said. "So I can have him."

It wasn't a question but more like a declaration to us to not come close to him.

"He's all yours," I plainly said.

Good luck with trying to get him cause I don't think he's into a girl that forgot to pay her brain bill....Wait?! Was that jealousy in the corniest form ever? What the hell is wrong with me?

"I don't even know why you like him so much," Celine added. "Yeah, sure he's hot but c'mon, he's messed up...actually his whole family is."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously, now I'm interested.

"For instance," Celine said, not even waiting a second. "Harvey is his cousin and also his brother. And I don't mean like 'brotherly love' but 'blood thicker than water' brother. His mother was engaged to Elijah but she was also having an affair with Xherdan's father. A few months later she got pregnant and gave birth to twins; Harvey and Xherdan. Obviously, Elijah claimed them both as his sons, unaware of the affair. But somehow down the line when Xherdan turned ten they found out that he wasn't Elijah's son but rather Ransom's, Xherdan's dad. Elijah and Xherdan's mom got divorced. Now Xherdan lives between Ransom and Elijah and also Xherdan's mom hates him, cause apparently somehow in her twisted mind she believes that it's Xherdan's fault that she got caught."