~Chapter 5~

4 weeks ago....

My eyes scanned the paper of the test results for the hundredth time as I sat on my bed.
The letters P.O.S.T.I.V.E were written in bold letters.

I wasn't human, for a matter of fact I didn't know what I was, only that I wasn't human.

"How many times are you going to read that?" Mom asked as she stood in the middle of the room.

"Don't know," I said still looking at the paper.

She walked over to me and grabbed the paper out of my hands; I just stared back at her.

"Listen well to me, Blake. Whatever your father might say about this and even if the whole Kingdom of Elysium hates you for what you are...don't ever give into them."

Confusion spread across my face, I was about to ask her to explain when one of the maids entered my room.

Mom's face showed that she knew what she was going to say.

"Princess Blake, your father wants to see you in his study immediately."

I threw myself back on my bed and groaned.

My father was differently going to crap on my head. He was going to make me feel more crappy than I already do for something that isn't my fault. It wasn't my fault that I'm not human, I didn't choose or vote upon it. It just happened.

"Should I tell him that you won't be able to make it?" The maid asked.

I was about to answer yes but Mom said, "No, she'll be there just wait for her."

The maid nodded her head and then pushed her back against the wall.

I groaned loudly and pulled myself off the bed to my feet.

"Do I really need to go?" I whined like a fifth grader

"Blake..." Mom said in a stern voice.

Realizing that I wasn't going to get out of this, I threw my head forward and my white hair fell with it. Then I whipped my head back and my hair fell perfectly over my shoulders to my waist.

A girl should still look good before she dies....

"Should we go, your Highness?"

"Yes let's get this over with."

* * * *

The maid walked with me until the closed doors of the study, then gave me a sympathetic smile and walked away.

Even she knew it was better to run away....why am I still here?

I signed heavily and pushed the door open.

My eyes caught on an unwelcomed figure standing close to my father's huge book shelve, smiling at me and I felt my stomach turn.

Why him?

"Blake," he said while walking towards me.

Ugh...."Jeremy, it's nice to see you again. "

He placed his hands on my waist and he leaned in to kiss me but I stepped backwards away from him and stared at the floor.

He cleared his throat, "Forgive me, Blake. I just thought that since we....."

"There's no 'we', Jeremy," I said softly, cutting him off. "Just because you and I are betrothed doesn't mean I love you."

An awkward silence filled the room and I walked to the couch and threw myself onto it.

"Where's my Father?" I asked him.