~Chapter 11~

Where are we going?

Heaven alone only knows

Which way the wind is blowing

And if we'll ever make it home.

Are we lost, or chasing rainbows,

Or is there more to what meets the eye?

In the air, pretending to be angels

Make-believe we can fly.' –Balloon, Jimmy Nevis.

I pulled my fingers through my hair as I stared at my bare back in the bathroom.

I've been here for about six months and I have successfully been able to hide my wing marks from everyone, including Xherdan.

It's not like I don't trust him...okay, not fully.

I mean, he told me to trust him because he wouldn't hurt an Aerodite and now I'm having doubts about being one.

I could be a Raven for all I know. I'm weaker than the Average Aerodite but have powers or abilities or whatever the hell Xherdan called them.

Damn, I'm screwed if I'm a Raven.

Cause that would mean one more group of people would be lining up to kill me.

I pulled my shirt back on and walked out of the bathroom.

Xherdan hasn't been here for a week and he would only be back after two weeks.

So that means I have his room to myself.

"Snow," I heard Celine pound on the door outside. "Hurry up."

"I'm coming," I yelled back.

I quickly went into the wall drop and pulled out my quiver full of arrows and placed it over my shoulder.

Every Aerodite had to choose a weapon, it was between throwing knives, sword or archery.

I wanted to go with the sword as my Dad and I used to do fencing together and I was pretty good at it. But when I tried to lift the sword, I almost fell on my ass, that thing was freaking heavy.

So, I had to take the bow and the arrow but Xherdan still had to custom make it for me, as the bow was also too heavy.

Yeah, everything is pointing towards me being a Raven.

"Snow, I swear if you don't...."

"Celine, shut up. I'm almost done."

I heard her groan from outside.

I turned my head and saw my metal bow lying on the bed and I suddenly got an idea.

Since, I have an ability, I'm sure as hell going to use it.

I raised my hand and concentrated hard on the bow. I exhaled hard and the bow started to fly towards me.

Oh my gosh, this is actually working!

I got my hand ready for the bow to fly into it but instead it hit me hard against my head.

"Holy crap!" I yelled out in pain as I slugged over and rubbed my forehead.

"Snow, are you okay?" Celine asked from outside.

"Damn it...I'm fine, don't worry...crap, I think I just cracked my skull."

Nice going hot shot, nice going, I thought to myself sarcastically. Soon, you'll prefect the art of almost murdering yourself.

Oh, shut up.