~Chapter 2~

The rays of the morning sun came bursting through the windows of the diner.

The place was much busier than yesterday and waves of chatter filled the room

My eyes scanned through the place and I quickly found Mirembe. She was serving a family their food while giving them her famous smile.
After she had finished with them, she placed her tray under her arms and started to walk towards my direction.

Her eyes caught me and her smile suddenly faded. She pretended that she didn't see me, she quickly whipped around and went the other direction.

"Mirembe!" I cried out but she didn't stop.

I knew she heard me because everyone around her stopped to stare at me.

I ignord their glares and started to quickly walk after her

She just had confirmed my suspicioustions about her mark and I wasn't going to let her get away.

In all honesty, I was never fond of chasing after anyone, it really wasn't my thing but I wasn't going to be left alone in this situation. I mean, its always welcoming to have someone stuck in the same hell as you are.

I know it sounds selfish but it's true.
Besides, I wanted answers and I knew she had them.

I pushed through the crowd as she easily glided through them but I didn't lose sight of her.

We came to the back of the diner and she ran out through a door and it slammed behind her.

I yanked it opened and saw that it was the exit to outside. I walked out to the ally and looked around.

She was nowhere.

It was as if she had disappeared. I wasn't that far behind that she could slip away so easily.

In pulled my fingers through my hair.
Crap.

Maybe, I should wait for her in the diner until she cames back, she can't hid for forever.

Well, isn't that desperate? I thought to myself. Stalking is a bit cliche and yet also creepy.

But I was desperate and if stalking is what I had to do to get my answers than just label me a stalker right this moment.

*  *  *  *
I looked up from my cellphone and saw that the sun had set.
This stalking thing is really a waste of my time.

I leaned my back against the wall and continued to read messages from my cellphone.

Monica: where u?
Monica: what's going on? Ur dad mom aren't saying anything
Monica: please reply... I'm worried.
Monica: :(

I thought about replying her, my best friend , but I couldn't. I just couldn't without telling her everything and that would screw everything up.

"Okay, bye. I'll see you tomorrow," a voice said from a distance.
I stuck my phone into my pocket and got ready.
My heart was pumping uncontrollable but I managed to keep my body in control.

I lowered my head and my cap down and waited for her.

She came into view and aderline spiked through my veins.

I hope i dont look like some serial killer cause that would send her running miles away before I can even reach out to grab her.

Mirembe saw me but instead of bolting the other way she continued to walk towards me.