~Chapter 16~

I laid on the sofa as my mind was going into over-drive.

I couldn't stop thinking of the kiss, that stupid, annoying yet wonderful kiss that made my heart race. But I couldn't face the person that gave it to me. I didn't know what to say to him...or was he supposed to say something to me? But whatever it was, I wasn't ready to face it tonight.

So, I was crashing at Stace, trying to avoid Xherdan with all my might until maybe tomorrow or until I get the courage to see him which will take roughly about a centuries.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep. I was slowly slipping in but I was pulled out when the light was switched back on.

I groaned loudly as I pulled the covers over my head as if I was going to be charred by it.

"Oh, hello to you to, Snow," Stace said as perky as ever.

Who the hell is even happy at this freaking hour!

"I'm going to get a snack, do you want to come?"

"Do I look like I want to come?" I said through the covers.

"Let me rephrase this it. Let's go and get some food."

"No."

"Come on, there will be some amazing leftovers."

"Nope."

"Snow," she whined over and over until I couldn't take it.

I should have just talked to Xher and gotten it over with. Then I wouldn't be dealing with this crap right now. Besides doesn't this girl ever get full? It's like she has a black hole for a stomach.

"Snow."

"Fine, I'm up! Damn it, you're so annoying."

I pulled the covers off and swung my feet off the sofa. A small smile of victory played on her lips as I put on my ankle boots. I didn't need to change as I was already dressed in the clothes of the previous day.

The thing about avoiding your roommate is that you can't go back to fetch clothes. And Stace was shorter and two seizes thinner than I was, so unless I wanted to die from suffocation, I couldn't lend her clothes.

"Shall we go?" She said as I stood up.

"Yeah, whatever."

"Great," she replied and walked (I honestly thought she was going to skip) out of the door.

I followed her and we walked down the hallways that barely had anyone. Only a few lights were on and it gave the mansion a different feel but not one of eeriness.

As we walked, Stace talked about how her group had to do these petty tasks. She said she didn't mind it that much but Celine was another thing. She felt like she had been cheated out of here 'rightful place' (as if she's the Queen of Elysium) and that I shouldn't have made it in.

Maybe that was true but hell, I didn't give a damn about that anymore.

"I really don't care what Celine says, feels or thinks or a matter of fact anyone," I replied. "Elijah decided to put me there and the last time I checked he's seen as the 'All knowing.' So if anyone has a problem with it should take it up with him not me, cause I'm still clueless about it too."

Stace shrugged, "I really don't care how you got in, all that I am, is happy for you. Besides, it's not like I was going to get in, so what should I be jealous about?"

I smiled at her. I wanted to say something to her that would show my appreciation but I was never good with words and I would just send up screwing it up, so I just smiled and she smiled back at me.