~Chapter 19~

I felt how my body was positioned weirdly as my eyes flickered open. A sharp pain exploded through my back and I groaned loudly into a soft material.

Crap....

Even though I was lying on my stomach on a marshmallow like bed, I could still feel pain running down my spine and....and.....actually where the hell is that pain coming from?

I pulled myself (with much effort) off the bed but as I tried to stand up straight, I felt something pull me back hard and somehow I was managed to land on my back.

"Holy Crap!" I exclaimed loudly as the multiplied by ten million.

I swear I'm about to commit suicide.

I tried to pull myself up but I just couldn't. It was like I suddenly gained fifty pounds extra and gravity was taking revenge.

I placed my hands beneath me to attempt the tedious process again of trying to get myself off the bed but my body refused to be moved.

"You know retarded you look?"

Ugh....someone kill me before embarrassment does.

"Gee thanks, Xher," I said in a sarcastic tone. "If you're not too busy, could you help me up?"

I couldn't see him as I was on my back but I could tell from his voice that he was smirking, "And destroy this moment? I don't think so."

"Xherdan! Help me up or oh so help me...."

"I'm really terrified," He said plainly.

"I'm going to freaking murder you!" I yelled as I tried to pull myself up but to no prevail.

"Yeah sure, but you first need to get up, though."

"Xherdan!"

"Is it so hard for you to not be an ass?" A familiar voice said but I couldn't remember who it belonged to. It was on the tip of my tongue but I wasn't going let my brain have a seizure to try and figure it out. However, being the opportunist that I am, I wasn't going to let this opporunity slip by.

"Could you please help me up?" I practically begged.

"Of course."

Soft brown hands took mine and when I saw the wing mark between her index finger and thump, all the memories came flowing back.

In one pull, I was back on my feet and I was staring at Mirembe's beautiful smiling face while planning Xherdan's death.

"You don't die easily, do you?"

My heart was so heavy with joy that I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just gave her a big hug and she hugged me back tightly. But being me, the screw up of all moments, I started to become heavy again and my body was thrown forward. Mirembe was thrown off balance but quickly stabilized and managed to keep both of us up.

"Whoa, be careful," she cautioned. "I guess you still have to get use to those things."

What 'things'?

I looked over my shoulder and saw a pair of gigantic wings that were sticking out of my back. They were deep black that really signified to me that I was really a Raven. The sun rays that had broken through the curtains made them glitter and I moved them up and down.

"Xher, you'll teach me how to use them, right?" I said in amazement as I watched them. Something about them didn't freak me out but just captivated me.