~Chapter 18~

Xherdan'sPov

My feet landed on the ground and I started to rush towards the house's door.

My heavy wings hanged out of my back and it was hard enough for me to balance myself on wet mud with them out. But now I had to do that with Blake in my arms and the rain mixed with her blood was making it difficult for me not to drop her.

I looked down at her and saw blood with the rain water rushing down her face and it made my stomach knot.

What the hell did they shot her with?

Her eyes blinked open then shut again and everything inside of me wanted to die...what will happen to me is she actually dies?If I already feel this way even though she's alive...barely.

Damn it! What's wrong with you? Pull yourself together!

I ran onto the porch of the house and started yelling loudly since I couldn't use my hands as they were full.

"Hey! Open the door...Please, open the door."

My heart was pounding heavily with each passing second then the door swung open, "Could you be louder?!"

Her brown eyes glared with annoyance at me until they dropped to Blake. They widen and she looked back at me.

"You got to help me, M" I begged.

"Sure."

She rushed back into the house and I followed her.

Blake's blood was dropping onto the wooden floor and the white carpet as we made our way to the dining room. Mirembe walked up to the large table closed to the kitchen and pushed everything off it.

"Put her here," she ordered.

I carefully laid her on her stomach on the table. My hands and shirt were drenched in her blood and she looked pale.

"What happened to her?" Mirembe asked.

"She...she got shot in the back but I'm not quite sure what," I replied trying to keep my voice steady.

The thought of Blake was dying was actually killing me and I couldn't say I didn't know why because I did but I rather blame the way I was acting on the fact that I hate the sight of blood, "I'll go the bathroom and get something we can use to clean the wounds," I said then quickly made my way to the bathroom.

I grabbed the bucket from under the sink and filled it with water. Then I took a random towel from the railing and rushed out. I entered the dining room then gave it to Mirembe.

She took it from me than frowned, "You know there's not much I can do for an Aerodite but if she was a..."

"She's a Raven."

Confusion flashed through her face for a brief second, "Are you sure?"

"No, I'm not sure at all. A bunch of Aerodites only tried to kill her for the heck of it," I replied in my most sarcastic voice.

"Okay," she quietly said then opened the draw of the table and pulled out a scissor then started to cut the back of Blake's shirt.

Snow's Pov

A sharp pain shot through my spine and it forced my eyes to open.

I could hear voices all around me but my brain was so screwed up that I couldn't focus on one.

The pain hit my back again but with more intensity and I couldn't help but scream.

What were this people trying to do? Ripe my spine out?

....Wait a minute...where the hell am I?

My hair was all over my face and I couldn't see anything. I tried to move but couldn't, fear started flowing through whatever blood I had left and immediately fear took over.

Suddenly the sound of things falling onto the ground and shattering filled the room as my fear and ability got the best of me. One of the voices became frantic and started yelling but it didn't stop me.

To be honest, I didn't know what I was planning to do or what I was up to but that lately seems to be life.

I guess I can add impulsive to my 'amazing' personality.

The crashing sound became louder and more frequent and I started to wait for all hell to break lose.

"Blake, you need to calm down," I heard a voice calmly whisper to me between the chaos.

Hell. Freaking. No.

"Blake, I need you to calm down, please," the voice begged.

Screw yourself.

A cold hand pushed away the hair from my face and my eyes landed on the warmest green eyes that were filled with concern and worry. But somehow they took the fear and panic away from me. Maybe it was because with the owner of those eyes were around, I knew I was safe.

"Blake, I know you're scared and in pain, but I need you to trust me," Xherdan took my hand and squeezed it. With his free hand he pulled his fingers through my hair and I closed my eyes, allowing the feeling of safety to sink in.

The chaos around us died down even though I was still in a hell of a lot of pain.

I opened my eyes as the pain was rendering me useless and it made me slur out something but I had absolutely no idea what it was. Knowing me, it must be something that would come back and bite my hard on the ass later.

Xher gave me a small smile than said, "Don't worry about that. Right now, I just need you to pull through, okay?"

I let something out again but this time it made him laugh, "Yeah, sure, sure. I promise."

His laughter faded into a smile and I decided to concentrate on that instead of that pain and it was quite easy to do.

~hey guys, I'm so sorry for the very late update but truth be told, a few days ago I lost all feeling to write due to people's reviews on my book. But I'm back again, still standing and ready to take on the world again.  I know the chapter is short and not so great but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging as we entered the new year.  So happy new year and lets make 2016 a million times better than 2015. Love you all lots and until next time my awesome readers ~