~Chapter 3~

I couldn't sleep....

Thank you, Mirembe!

Somehow she had gotten it right to install fear into me and I was acting more paranoid than usual. I felt as if someone was watching me and no matter what I did, I couldn't shake the feeling.

Ugh...

I swung my legs off the bed and walked into the bathroom. I splashed water on my face, hoping to wash the fear away and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

It was no use, I still looked scared.

Pull yourself together, you cant let some crazy girl's theory scare you, I thought to myself.

But what if she's more psychic than crazy? Or even worse, telling the truth? Then what?

If she was right, then I would have to pack my bag and move out of a town that I arrived in a day ago and find another wasteland to live in.

I'm not prepared to travel ten hours...again.

Bang!

I turned my head towards the door as I heard glass crash onto the ground.

What the...

Without thinking, I quickly moved to where the sound was coming from. I entered my dark room and immidiatly saw that the glass of my window was lying shattered on the ground. The light from the moon was making the glass shimmer like snow under the moonlight.

A few days or even hours ago, I would have gone closer to investigate, but with Mirembe's warning coming to life, I rather be a coward than a brave idiot.

I stepped backwards trying to get some distance from me and the window, when I felt my back push up against something. It was a bit softer than a wall but still firm.

I tried to turn around to see what, and hopefully not, who was behind me. But before I could, I got pushed onto my bed hard, with my face buried into the sheets.

I tried to scream but no sound came out.

It must be the fear clogging my throat.

I put my hands beside me to push me up from the bed but something hard came crashing onto my back, pushing me back down.

Crap.

My face was turned to the mirror in my bedroom as I was trapped hopelessly. All I could do was watch.

A dark figures knee was buried into my back. I couldn't make out his features because of the darkness but I could tell he was pretty strong because of the pain surging through my spine. He swept my hair away from my back and I shivered under his disgusting touch.

I watched as the figure stared at my marks for a while.

My heart was beating uncontrollable, I swear I was about to puke my guts out.

The figure removed his knee from my back and I saw him move off me.

Instinct took over me and i quickly rolled off the bed, away from him, and landed on the broken glass with my butt and hands.

I felt how the glass dug into my palms but I ignored the pain.

He rushed towards me as if I was his prey. (Okay, maybe I was.) I quickly grabbed a piece of glass as I stood up and when the figure was close enough, I stabbed him with it.

I expected him to crumble onto the ground but instead, he just pulled it out and dropped it onto the ground.

You got to be kidding me!

I tried to scramble away but he descended on me and pushed me against the wall and placed his hands on my throat.

He started to squeeze and I could feel the air around me to thin. I tried to loosen his hold on me by trying to rip his hands away, I even dug my nails into his flesh but he wouldn't budge.

My eyes were becoming heavy because of the lack of oxygen and the dark room was becoming darker.

"Let me go," I commanded with my last strength.

If I was going to go down, then I was going to go down with a fight and not begging.

I dug harder but it was no good cause before I knew it, the darkness had engulfed me.