The crowd cheered as we stepped into the spacious room. Tables were scattered strategically around the floor with one that was slightly elevated in the front of the room.

I felt out of place in a world of werewolves. I was more likely a prisoner than whatever reason they told me to get me here. I gripped Mason's bicep harshly as worry crept within me. My nails threatened to elongate into his fleshy muscle.

Mason sent me a stern look. If he didn't want me to break his arm then don't offer it to me. I stood beside him as he quieted his pack.

"Good evening, gentlemen! As many of you probably have guessed, the Victorious one has come. She will revive what we have lost and get the revenge that will erase our shame," Mason finished, looking over to me and applauded me.

I wasn't impressed with his small speech nor was I impressed with the mutts that all stared at me. I didn't know if they were the best warriors of the pack considering how filthy they were. I wonder if they knew that I had been blackmailed into coming here as the "Victorious One."

I glanced between the crowd and Mason wondering if there was something that I should have been doing, but Mason motioned me to sit down. I nodded once toward his pack and the feast began.

Quiet music thrummed throughout the room as food was brought to everyone. Waiters flitted throughout the dining room, filling glasses and restoring the food as much as the men pleased. I frowned at the indecency across the room.

There was something about Mason that made curiosity and suspicion grow within me. I sat at the elevated table with Mason and what appeared to be his next in commands.

"Mason, where are the females of your pack?"

His head snapped up to me as did the others seated at the table. His beta began to gnash his teeth at me, but Mason flicked his wrist in silence. 

Mason's eyes glazed over and the mutt that had previously snarled at me was escorted out of the building. A blood curdling scream echoed throughout the forest. A few of the members cringed and whined at the sudden death and silence was given at mercy.

The jovial mood was back in the crowd within mere minutes. It was not my place to judge how Mason handled his pack, but an unnecessary death was a bit extreme.

I looked questioningly at Mason. His expression held no representation of the loss that had just taken place, but rather continued to focus on his food. I, on the other hand was pleased when a glass of iron rich substance was placed in front of me. 

"Have you no sense of hearing? I asked where the women..." I did not finish my sentence before I was torn from the comfort of my chair and into the grip of another wolf. I sighed as he grasped my throat with a constricting hold. What was with these mutts? Did they not want to live? He was larger than me, though I quickly was out of the restraint as I swiftly broke one of his arms.

He did not make a sound as he flipped me on my back, preparing himself to tear my limbs from my body. I flung my leg around his neck and was on his back in an instant. He twisted my leg so that my knee felt as though it would crack.

The anger that radiated from the man was noticeable as I felt his strong grip. I readjusted my hold on his neck, cutting off his oxygen, I readied myself to snap his neck when an authoritative voice spoke,

"I suggest you do not create any more trouble than you already have, Miss Greer."

Hesitantly, I released myself from my persecutor, jumping off of his back. With the sudden drop, my knee made a crumbling sound. I paid no attention to the throbbing of my knee and returned to my seat. The man who I realized to have been around the same age as myself was glaring at me.