"You tell me," Fred said gruffly, returning to the paperwork in front of him.

"I could only guess that you're hopeful optimism is keeping you together, otherwise you'd be a mess." Vic tilted his head to the side, "I miss her too. She's not staying with me....not sure where she went this time."

"Doesn't matter really, she's going to be back," Fred reached for his pen with a frown as he signed his name to something.

"She sent you a letter also?" Vic laughed.

"A short one, but yes," Fred nodded, giving a tight smile as Vic smirked. "Is that all the interrogation for now?"

"If she comes back, what will you do?"

Fred gave a heavy sigh, rubbing at his face as he thought over his words. "Vic, my love life is really not for your commentary."

Vic gave a Cheshire grin as he clapped his hands together, "I need entertainment in my life. Lex isn't around for me to feed off her embarrassment. And honestly your love life is for commentary, at least through Lex's side."

"Are you two going to be back on normal terms?"

Vic shrugged, "we'll be back to normal one day. But it's going to take a lot, that little tart is so flippant. It's really frustrating at times."

Fred snorted slightly, shaking his head as he got up from his seat. "Do you have any theories?"

"She's close by, that I know. Her balcony garden is back and thriving. Not really sure what she planned with this little excursion of hers though. After almost dying twice in one year, I'm very content on letting her do whatever the hell she wants right now."

"She's going to be back right?"

Vic shrugged, he didn't have the answer to that. Alexandria had left before he even got a chance to see her after the hospital stay. All he had was a letter saying she'll be back, he noticed a few things around the apartment shift throughout the day, she was still around but he accepted that she needed space for whatever thing she was planning next.

***

The park was busy with commotion as the bitter wind cut through Alexandria's thin grey sweater. Children were shouting with excitement as they ran around the playground that was settled in the middle of the park while parents watched and chatted from afar.

Alexandria took a seat on a vacant bench, watching the happy families smile and laugh, she was so enchanted in watching the families she didn't notice the man who sat down beside her and silently regarded her with identical hazel eyes, but ones that held so much sorrow.

"I remember when I use to push you on those swings," Claus Desmond finally spoke up.

Alexandria jumped about a mile in the air, her smile falling and her eyes going wide as she realized who was next to her.

"We came here a few times when your mum was working and we would visit her for lunch, remember?" Claus Desmond continued.

Alexandria lost her voice, there was no way she could speak. Not to this man. Never in a million years.

"What're you doing here?" her father spoke with a smile.

"Th-thinking," Alexandria stuttered horribly as her back stiffened and she tried to keep a vacant expression.

"Care to talk about it?"

Alexandria frowned, her father had turned his back on her three years ago, why would he care now?

Claus sighed and seemed to read Alexandria's thoughts, "I regret not defending you against your mother every single day, I miss taking you to the train station or listening to you ramble on bout....What those Weasley boys did or what Vic did that semester during break. If I could, I would go back and fix it all," her father finished speaking with a heavy sigh.