Chapter 20 | Remember

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes and started to think.

Evan Fong..

Why do you make me feel like this?

--

Evan's POV:

"Thanks Luke, for..everything.." I say for what seems like the fifth time.

Luke stopped walking up to the counter to order and turned to me.

"Stop saying 'thank you' I already told you it's no problem," he said, "now, what do you want to drink?"

"Uh, something light is fine, low caf.." I answer, rubbing the back of my neck.

I'm so glad to have a friend like Luke. But my stomach started to have butterflies in it. Why?

Luke finished ordering and got our drinks pretty quick. We sat down at a tall table next to a window. I drank my drink and we began to talk about some things. This moment made me forget about him. It helped me feel better.

"That teacher's a fucking dingus if I ever saw one.." Luke said in a serious tone to my story. It made me chuckle.

We finished our drinks and tossed them in the trash.

(A/n: thanks for the free drinks! Oh damn they're empty.. I'm sorry..)

"Hey, Evan?" Luke says a bit quiet and makes eye contact.

"Thanks again Luke.. Oh- what is it?" I began to thank him again, but realize that he was talking.

He steps closer to me, his hands slip into mine. I felt my face heat up, his face inches from mine.

"I-I love you.." Luke says softly. My eyes widen.

My best friend loves me?

"L-Luke-!" But before I could utter any other words, Luke smashed his lips onto mine. I kept my eyes opened as he closed his. I didn't pull back. This rush I was feeling - was it love?

He pulled back slowly and his cheeks were a light shade of pink. He looked up and made eye contact with me. I was stunned. Though, the kiss was thrilling, I felt a pang in my chest.

I ignored it.

"I-I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have done that with you being sad a-" Luke stuttered.

I stopped him and pecked his cheek.
"I-It's okay Luke, I liked it.."

What was I saying?

Do I really have feelings for Luke?

The same feelings I once did for Delirious?

I shouldn't even be thinking of his name. You can move on Evan. You can do it. It's no use trying anymore, he won't remember. You were and are not important to him.

I mentally argue with my mind and don't realize Luke is speaking.

"Evan.." He says once more, this time getting me out of my thoughts.

"Will you be my lover?"

(A/n: if you wannabe my lover, you gotta get with mah- sorry)

"L-Luke, I.." This was surprising, all thoughts on what to say left me.

Though, there was only one word.

No.

"Yes," I smiled.

Luke jumped with joy and hugged me tight, planting a kiss on my lips again. He held me in an embrace. We pulled away and Luke took my hand as we began to leave.

I saw someone speed walk down the sidewalk. It was Delirious.

That mask. Very easily, for me, I could tell. I shook my head and ignore that I saw him and spent my time with Luke.

Before leaving for home, Luke and I explored the town a bit, something I wouldn't normally do. And I enjoyed it. The warmth of his hand, the beauty of the sunset, and the noise of the cars and people walking by, made everything like a movie. Delirious wasn't even on my mind.

Luke walked me home at the end of the day and said goodnight, with a peck on my cheek. I waved and walked inside. Empty. I smiled and sighed. But that smile turned into a frown, a flow of tears, unexplainable tears. I was happy, wasn't I? No, I wasn't. Faith. I miss you.

I shook my head and thought about Delirious. No.

If he doesn't remember me, I'll forget about him.

---