Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

Max's POV

It's been a year. A whole year has gone by since I've laughed with her, seen her, laid with her. I've hung out and met with people of course, but it's just not the same. I still hang out with Mia, which she is no longer with Luke, thank gosh. He was a douche to begin with. A few days ago Mia and I were hanging out and she was convinced I was depressed, which I'm not. She kept telling me that Sophie wouldn't want me to be like this, which in turn is true, because I did promise her I would move on. At the time, I thought I was doing myself a favor, but every time I try to go out with a girl, I flashback to what it was like with Sophie.  No one can ever be as great as her. Some how though, today Mia has convinced and basically forced me to go out on a date, a blind date, that she set up. Am I excited, not really. I'm more nervous than anything. Usually I know who I'm about to see, but not this time. She told me to trust her, but that makes me even more nervous. 

I'm meeting this person in an hour. What am I supposed to wear, I have no idea. Mia said fancy but on the casual side.  So I guess I'll just go with a small black time and my mint green shirt with some jeans. That's casual, right? I wonder where this date is going to be, I wonder what the girl is going to be like. Is she going to be free-spirited and happy like Sophie, or is she going to be uptight and picky about everything? I guess I'm just going to have to find out. I hear the doorbell ring and I hear my mom answer it, it's Mia. Guess that means it's time for me to go. As I walk downstairs Mia just grins at me.

"What?" I ask. She just stares at me.

"Nothing. You look nice." She managed to say. 

"Thanks." I said with a small smile. "Let's get going, we don't want to be late." 

"You're right, let's get going." She said. And with that we were off. We drove the five minutes it took to get there, and what I mean is a corner between five different stores in downtown. 

"Why did you stop?" I asked. 

"Because this is where you get out, walk into that restaurant, and meet your girl. There's reservations made. And here's two tickets to tonight's fair. Now have fun." She said. She handed me the tickets and I got out of the car. I walked into the restaurant and sat in the seat that was reserved.  I watched the door to see who it is I was meeting, but everyone just kept walking by. 

After a few minuets a blonde girl walked in. She has  green eyes and a skinny face. She's petite, but not too small. Her face is very defined and beautiful.  She walks over to my table, then she stands in front of me. She's even more gorgeous up close. I stand up and hold out my hand.

"Hi, I'm Max."