Chapter 15

~* Sophie's POV*~

I woke up in the hospital bed, Max nowhere to be seen. Even in the hospital, I can't wake up with him next to me. I hear a knock on the door. I turn and look, and its Mia.

"What are you doing here?" I ask with excitement, anger, and confusion. She looked hurt, but honestly it didn't matter to me.

"I came to see you." She said in a small voice, almost as if she felt guilty. "Why didn't you tell me what was going on? I could have helped you." She asked. She sounded hurt. Why should I of had to tell her? We haven't talked in three weeks.

"Because you were busy with your life. I didn't want to inconvenience you." I said. Man, that was harsh.

"You could never inconvenience me. You're my best friend." She said, and she sounded sincere. I look at her. My best friend I've had for years. How could we get in such a big argument over a stupid boy. There's plenty of them, and I got mad at her over one.

"I'm sorry, Mia. I was being childish and stupid. I pushed you away over a stupid boy. I hope you can forgive me." I told her.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I forgave you a long time ago." She said. She came in for a hug. This was nice.

"I've missed you, Mia." I said.

"I've missed you too." She replied. She sits up and looks at me.

"Mia, I have a quick question. Who told you I was in here?" I asked. Of course I was curious, seeing how she didn't even know anything was wrong with me.

She looked at me with a huge smile. "Max. He said you would need a friend for everything that was about to happen and he didn't think he could be here for you. So here I am." Max did this. I'm going to have to give him a huge kiss when he gets back.

She quickly changes the topic. "Talking about Max, what exactly is going on between you two?" She asked with total curiosity.

A huge smile spread across my face. "Well, at first we were just friends, but he needed a place to stay so I gave him a room. Stuff happened and then we started dating." I said. She just looked at me with a huge smile.

"That's so awesome. I'm so happy for you. He seems like a very nice person. I definitley approve Sophie." She said.

"Thank you." I told her. The doctor walked in.

"Hello Sophie, I know you just woke up, but we are taking you into surgery. Are yo ready to go?" He asked.

I smiled. "As ready as I can be I guess." I said, a little nervous.

"Well let's go ahead and get you back there and we will get started." He said. Some nurses came in and pushed the bed out of the room.

"Good luck Sophie. I'll be here when you get out." Mia said. I turned around and smiled at her. Let's do this.

We entered the operation room and everything was set up. I am so not ready for this. I need to see Max.

"Alright Sophie, we are going to put you to sleep for this operation, obviously, but this shot won't hurt a bit." The nurse said. She seemed nice. "Don't be worried, the operation will go very smoothly." She said.

"Okay. Will you be in here the whole time?" I asked her. If I wanted to have someone in here while this is happening, I want it to be her.

"Yes, I'm the doctors assistant, so I'll be here with yo the whole time." She said. She sounded so calm. I guess that's just part of the job.

"Okay." I said. I was starting to get hazy. That must be the medicine working. I tried to talk again but it came out slurred. "Hooow llong is thhis goiing to take?" I asked. The nurse just giggled at me.