Chapter 2

I woke up to swollen eyes and a sore throat. I thought today might be better, guess I was wrong. Well, if I'm sick my dad might not make me go to school, and if I don't go to school I don't have to face my friends, but then again, I'd have all that work to make up. Oh well, I'll live for a day.

My dad steps in to see if I'm awake. he stops midway and says "Oh, you look awful today, are you feeling ok?" Was he really that clueless?

"Well first of all daddy, you never tell a girl they look bad, second of all, can I please stay home today, I'm not feeling that well?" As I said that a small smile played on his lips, which was an improvement because he doesn't smile a lot anymore.

He let out a small sigh before he said "Yeah sure, just call if you need me and I can come home and take you to the doctors." I let a small smile reach my lips.

"Thanks dad, if I need to go to the doctors I can just call Lu-, I mean someone and they can come and pick me up." there was no way I was calling Luke, my dad has no idea what's going on right now, even though it's not that serious, but there are certain things I don't need to tell him. My dad always liked Luke, and I thought that was kind of cool because I liked him too, but now he's making Mia a happy girl, so I wish he didn't like him at this moment.

"Ok Sophie, I'll see you after work. if you feel up to it today, you can go through some of Graces things, but I understand if you don't want to yet." I can't believe he just brought that up, I felt tears coming, but once again, I hide my emotions.

"Alright, I will if I feel up to it. Bye daddy." Then he left. there was no way I was going through her stuff. Oh, in case you're wondering, Grace is my older sister, well, she was. She died last May in a car accident while she was visiting my mom. my mom survived, but Grace didn't. All my mom was worried about herself and her car. my mom and I have never really gotten along, but now I can't even look at her. I started to feel a warm drop roll down my cheek, a tear, that was new, I haven't cried in almost a year.

All of a sudden my eyes started to feel heavy and I instantly fell asleep.

~*Mia's POV*~

I'm on my way to lunch and I'm worried about Sophie, I haven't seen her all day. She usually texts me if she won't be here, but she might still be mad at me from yesterday, but I don't blame her. As I walk up to the table I ask "Have any of you heard from Sophie today?" They all looked shocked and sad except for Luke.

"Her dad called me earlier and said she was home sick and to take her to the doctors after school, you can come to if you want." He said a little happy and sad. Why would her dad call Luke, but she wouldn't call me?

"Of course I'll come. See you after school." As soon as I said that the final lunch bell rang.

~*Sophie's POV*~

I woke up to the doorbell ringing. I groaned and got up and made my way to the door, not caring what I looked like. Without even looking to see who was at the door. Of course, Luke and Mia, the two people I didn't want to see at the moment.

"Hey, your dad called earlier today and told me to come pick you up and take you to the doctors. I told Mia and she wanted to come too so she could see how you were doing." Luke said that a little too cheerfully.

I lean on the doorframe and asked Mia "Did you want to see how I was doing because I'm sick, or because you feel bad because for stealing something from me?" She looked a little sad, but mostly guilty. Luke on the other hand looked completely lost. "Let me just get changed." I said realizing that I was in sweatpants two sizes too big and a shirt that was too small.

When I got to my room I changed into my favorite pair of jeans and a Rolling Stones hoodie, my favorite. Grace got this for me last year for my birthday. Anyways, as I made my way down stairs Luke and Mia were talking quietly, so of course I was listening.