Chapter 13

~*Sophie's POV*~

I was sitting in the kitchen with my dad waiting. Waiting for what, I don't know, but I don't think I want to find out. He has this look of anger, hurt, and confusion on his face. I decide to take the first move.

"So, dad, what are you doing home so soon?" I asked.

" Well Sophie, I'm glad you asked. You see, I got a call yesterday from the doctors office asking about your prescriptions. I had no idea what they were talking about, so then I called the docs office and he told me you had brain cancer." He said really calmly, then he starts yelling. "BRAIN CANCER!! BRAIN CANCER SOPHIE! HOW COULD YOU NOT CALL ME AND TELL ME!!" He was really mad at me.

"Dad, I just didn't want to worry you and-" he cut me off.

"DIDN'T WANT TO WORRY ME!! HOW IS KEEPING THIS A SECRET GOING TO MAKE ME NOT WORRY!!" He said.

" I'm really sorry dad. I was going to tell you once you got home. I don't want-" he cut me off again.

He was done yelling. "Just stop, Sophie, I don't want to hear anymore excuses. I know now, and unfortunately I had to find out the worst way, but I know. Now, is there anything else I should know?" He asked. I was on the verge of tears. I looked to find Max and all he did was nod his head. I know I had to, but it feels so wrong.

"Well, dad, we went to the doctors again today, and we did more tests, and we found out that its not cancer, its a heart disease." I said. I looked up at him and he looked like he could of slapped me.

All he said from that was, "who is we?"

"Well, Max has been stating here and he took me to all of my appointments." I said. Now he looked even more angry, if that was even possible.

"Sophie, I thought I said he could only stay for the one night." He said, trying to hold back the yelling.

"Yes, you did, and I'm sorry I lied to you, but he needed a place to stay. I don't want him out on the street. And he has been helping me, a lot. So I think he deserves to stay here." I said to him. He just stood there and stared for a moment. It was more like five minuets which started to worry me.

He turned to Max. "So, what kind of stuff have you been doing with my daughter?" He asked. Max had no emotion whatsoever.

"Well, I've been taking her to her appointments, and I've been helping her when she's hurt, I've been making sure she eats and I've been helping her out at school." He said. Wow, I knew Max has helped me a lot, but I didn't realize it was all of that. I should be very thankful to have him. My dad looked a mixture of shocked and hurt.

"Oh, well I appreciate everything you have done for my daughter. And in return, you may stay here as long as you need to." My dad said. Wow, my dad, the toughest and strictest man I know, just invited a boy who he just met, to live with us. Wow.

Max's face turned into a very thankful face. "Thank you so much sir. I appreciate that more than you know." Max said.

"Any time kid. Now, I have to go into the office tomorrow so I'm off to bed. Goodnight kids." My dad said. He came and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight daddy." I said. And he was gone.

"Well, I guess we should get some food and get to bed, we have school tomorrow." Max said. That's right. School. Forgot about that.

"I can treat is to some McDonald's if you want." I said. Max nodded. I grabbed my keys and we were off.

~*~

We came home a few hours ago and Max is in the shower. I am laying in my bed, exhausted from the days events. I do have to say, I have had much better days. It was not one of the best. I hear the shower turn off. Max, he is such a wonderful person. I cant believe he has done all of this for me. I can't believe he is still hanging around after all of this has happened. I must be one lucky girl.

~* Max's POV*~

I just got out of the shower and through the crack of the door I see Sophie lying on her bed. She looks so tired. She could barely make it through dinner without falling over. She is too young to have to deal with all of this stuff. I can't leave her side though. I'm sticking around. She needs me, and I need her. She is pure sunshine. She makes everyday bright even if its a cloudy day, and everyone needs someone like that in their life, and I'm lucky I have Sophie. I walk out into the room in sweatpants and no shirt. Sophie rolls over on the bed and she just stares. She is looking at my abs.

"You know, if you want to touch them all you have to do is ask." I say with a smirk on my face. She looks up at my face and her face is red.

"Shut up." She says.

"Whatever, they'll be here if you want them." I say. I walk over to my side of the bed and put my arm around her waist. She gets a little stiff for a minuet. Then she role over to where she's facing me, my arm never leaving her waist. She just smiles her beautiful smile.

"What did I do to deserve you?" She asked. I was not expecting that.

"You are amazing and beautiful inside and out. You have done something right because you've got me hooked." I said. Her face turned a light shade of pink. She is so cute.

I couldn't believe what I said next. "Sophie, I think I love you."

A/n: Sorry this chapter is shorter but there is much more to come!! Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to like, comment, and vote!! If you have any suggestions on things you would like to see happen later on please feel free to share!! Have a happy new year!!