I was finding it hard to restrain my laughter seeing his antics and a loud giggle escaped my lips. I clamped a hand on my mouth at once but it was too late. Devon grew aware of my presence and was now looking at my direction. I ended up laughing out loud anyway.

"It's not a good thing to just stand and laugh for no reason," spoke Devon, his voice bearing a deep grudge.

"Oh, no no no no no! I wasn't laughing at you! I was—I was laughing over a funny poem written by Edgar Allan Poe."

He narrowed his eyes into slits. "Edgar Allan Poe wrote sad poems. Just goes on to show your poor concentration skills in Literature class."

I rolled my eyes. He simply had to taunt me alright!

"Since how long have you been standing here?" he asked uncomfortably in his version of 'how much have you seen?'

"Since the time you have been sumo wrestling with your shoes," I remarked cheekily.

"I was just discovering different ways of doing my laces. I was bored of the regular way," Devon shrugged, playing it cool.

"Yeah, and you were so engrossed in making a discovery that you no longer saw any difference between your fingers and your laces," I drawled.

The frown on his face made me feel likr I've achieved a Grammy.

"I must go somewhere else 'cause this place is full of people who are proud of their imbecile remarks," he said grouchily.

"Let me do your laces," I said, stepping in his path.

"I'm good," said Devon curtly and walked past me.

A few seconds later I heard an expected thud behind me. I turned around and saw Devon on the floor with his face scrunched up in an 'Ow'. I walked over to him and lend him a helping hand. He gave his hand in mine but instead of rising to his feet, he pulled me onto him.