Chapter 4

Chapter 4

       I was slowly woken up by the brightness in my room. I sighed, thinking that I must have left the curtains open last night.

       Besides that, the first thing I realized was that I was shirtless. The second thing I realized was that something was laying on my chest.

       I slowly opened my eyes, waiting for my vision to clear before I realized one more thing. 

       I wasn't a something laying on my chest. It was a someone.

       My brother's girlfriend.

       Who didn't have a shirt on.

       "Artemis?" I asked. She stirred for a bit before back to where she was. "Artemis....Artemis!"

       "What?" she muttered.

      "Why are you sleeping in my bed? Without a shirt?"

       Artemis finally opened her eyes. She looked at me confusingly before she sat up and rubbed her eyes. I sat up as well. "Why am I here?" she ashed.

       "That's what I just asked," I said. I didn't even remember anything that would lead to her sleeping in my bed with me.

       I looked around the room before my eyes landed on my nightstand, which suddenly caused a headache to appear as I remembered bit and pieces from last night.

       Artemis and I drinking to get over the pain of Seb neglecting us.

       Us getting drunk. 

       Our lips touching.

       Her tugging my shirt off.

       My lips on her neck.

       Artemis moaning my name.

       Her taking her shirt off.

       Kissing my jaw.

       Oh shit.

       "Artemis," I said slowly. "Did we...."

       Her eyes were wide, so she must have remembered what happened as well. "W-we were drunk," she said. "Seb won't be mad, right?"

       I had no idea. Seb's previous girlfriend hooked up with Ty, also known as his half-brother, and that was why they broke up. Would Seb break up with Artemis because we hooked up?

       We were in trouble.

       "I-I don't know," I said.

       Suddenly, the sound of a motorcycle engine filled my ears from outside. It was the day Seb was coming back from his road trip. "Shit," I cursed before hopping off of my bed and grabbing my shirt, pulling it over my head.

       "We have to tell him," I said to Artemis as I handed her her shirt.

       "He's going to hate me," Artemis said quietly as she put her shirt back on.

       "Not as much as he'll hate me," I said. "When he found out about Lauren and Ty, it was because he saw them.If we tell him, maybe it will lessen the pain." Maybe . Hopefully.

       Artemis got off of my bed and we went downstairs right as Seb walked in. His eyebrows furrowed as he saw us. "Artemis? What are you doing here?" he asked.

       "Seb, we have something to tell you," I said.

       "What?" Seb asked.

       I looked at Artemis, but I could tell that she didn't want to say it, so I did. "Well...." I said slowly. "We, um....I drank last night."