Chapter 19: The Coal Mining Town Part 1

Ed's P.O.V.

"It's feels like we got our own private car, huh?" Al said. "I like traveling by train. You can just sit and watch the-"

"Al?" I said, interrupting him. " I have to do this now that the state has me on a leash. But there is no reason for you to suffer too."

"We're brothers. If we don't help each other, no one will. Your lines remember?"

I thought back to when we were sending Winry back home to Resembool.

Flashback

"So when can we expect to see you back home?" Winry said

"We're not going back..." Ed responded. Making (Y/N) glance at him in concern.

"Ed..."

"Winry, there is no home left for us to return to..." Al said. Winry looked down, which caused (Y/N) to walk over to her and put a hand on her shoulder. Winry looked up to see she was smiling at her, which she returned. They both hugged each other before she boarded the train.

In the middle of their friendly embrace, Ed could've sworn he heard (Y/N) whisper something to Winry.

Flashback Over

I sighed. "You're right." Suddenly, I felt a hand go on my shoulder. I looked to see (Y/N) with her head down.

"(Y/N)?" I said. She stayed silent.

"Hey, look! I think I can see it!" Al said. Making me and (Y/N) to look out the window.

"So that's the last town to the East."

"Youswell..." (Y/N) said.

*TIME SKIP*

When we got off the train, the town was completely empty.

"This is supposed to be a coal mining town. Looks more like a ghost town to me." I said.

"The people here look so sad...I wonder why that is..." (Y/N) said.

"Well, it's doesn't look like there is going to be a lot to do here." I replied, turning to look at Al and (Y/N). "Let's hurry and finish this so we can blow this-"

Before I could finish I was whacked in the head with some wood. (Y/N) squealed a bit and bent down to my level.

"Are you okay, Ed?!" She asked, checking the back of my head for a wound, which I'm pretty sure is existant. I mean, damn that hurt! How could their not be one?!

"Oh, I'm sorry." The stranger said next to me. "Hey! Are you guys tourist?! Where are you from?! Have you eaten?! Where are you staying?!" He got closer and closer with every question he through at me.

"...the hell of a welcoming committee." I said annoyed.

"Hey pop! We got visiters!"

"What are you going on about?"

"Over here! Big spenders!" The boy shouted. Me, Al and (Y/N) all look at each other in confusion.

"Big Spenders?" Al and (Y/N) said, as we turned our attention to the man up on the dock.

"Hey, my name is Haling. I run a local inn! We'll take good care of you!" He said.

*ANOTHER TIME SKIP*

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

It was around night time when we arrived at the inn. It wasn't big, but it was nicely built.