Chapter 5: Studying

A/N: I feel like you guys are getting annoyed with how many times these A/N's show up in the chapters......but yeah, once again, couldn't think of a better title. That's all, enjoy! :)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Few Hours Later...

After the talk I had with Tucker, I started my studying for becoming a State Alchemists. The whole time I was in there, Ed's focus was literally glued to the books he read. I read almost the whole day, until my eyes went heavy and I dozed off with the book for a pillow.

The dreams I was having was a rekindled memory of my father. When he would play with me and my brother, when he made us laugh, when he helped us back on our feet when we were hurt, he even showed me the basics of alchemy himself, but he never let me try it. But the best memory of him, was the music box he gave me so I could sleep at night. The tune was lovely, and sometimes he would sing along with it. But, after (Town Name) was destroyed, It was buried along with the ashes of the fallen.

Before I could go further in the dream, I felt someone shake me and call to me. I woke up to find Edward's arm on my shoulder.

"Hey, (Y/N). Wake up." He said.

"Hmm?....What is it?" I ask as I look up at him, his face turned into a look of concern for some reason.

"Hey, are you okay? You're crying." I put my hand to my cheek and felt hot, wet tears down my face.

I wiped the tears off with the sleeve of my jacket "Yeah, I'm okay, I was just dreaming about my father." I said. "Anyway, what do you need?"

"Mr. Tucker wanted me to let you know dinner's almost ready, so he wants us all down a the table."

"Oh, okay." I closed the book in front of me, and walked with Ed to the dining room.

"So (Y/N)?" Edward asks, I look over to him, as he looks at me with his honey gold eyes.

"I need to ask you, back there when you mention your dad...and..."

He looked away as if I was about to yell at him, but I gave him a sad smile and said "My father, he was a great man."

He then looks back at me.

"He was part of the military when I was young, he was a state alchemist." Edward gasped

"He loved his family and always looked after us. He did leave from time to time, but he always came back to play with me and my brother."

I paused for a moment, as images of him and his smile appeared in my head. I could almost feel tears start in my (E/C) eyes again.

"So, where's your father now?" He asks, I gasped at his question but then brushed it off as we approached the table.

"We should probably go and sit, we can't keep them waiting" I speed up my pace to the dinner table, as we both sat down and started to eat.

"So Edward? Alphonse? (Y/N)? Are you three making progress in your studies?" Tucker asked

Both me and Al nodded at Tucker.

"Yes, sir. But I'm not done yet, I just need to pick up the pace if (Y/N)'s just going to zip through all the books she looked over." Ed said as he looked over at me.

"That's because some of the stuff in those books I can easily pick up." I said to him.

"Yes, the more steps we take forward the longer we see the path is ahead. But still, you're so young, you don't need to worry about the exam this year." Tucker said.