fifty three

Justin

One day without spending time with Braelynn and its like I'm craving her. I don't know why, I mean, I've gone three years without her. I spend one day with her and one kiss and it's like she can't escape my brain. I was so infatuated that I couldn't stay away.

Stop it, Justin. She has a boyfriend.

Well if she cared she wouldn't of kissed me the way she did.

I dialed her number and waited patiently while it rang. "Hello?"

"Hey," I said sheepishly, a little embarrassed that I didn't say something less lame.

She giggled,"What's up? We got to spend time together today?"

"We don't have to, but I kinda wanted to if that's okay?"

"Sure," she agreed,"Where do you wanna go?"

"I just wanna get lost," I told her honestly,"Drive so far out that we'll need a GPS to find a way back like the movies and stuff."

She chuckled,"Justin, we're not teenagers anymore. We just can't get up and disappear whenever we want."

"Please? It'd be fun to just get a way for the day, don't you think?" I asked, biting my lip in anticipation.

"Yeah.."

"Then come with me. Please, girlfriend," I emphasized the last word with a smirk on my face.

I knew she was smiling on the other end like a teenage girl on her first date. "Fine, what time are you coming?"

***

"Thanks for agreeing," I said as she got in my car and shut the door behind her. "You're welcome," she said, automatically looking at her phone. Ugh, this generation.

"Up up up," I took the phone from her grasp and locked it in the glove department. Her face was shocked. "W-what? My phone!"

I smiled and waved my fingers,"No phones on this drive. Just us talking."

"Where's your phone?"

I pointed behind me, and there was my broken phone lying on the backseat. She gasped,"You broke your phone?"

I shrugged,"I'll buy a new one later. What matters right now is us and communication."

"Whatever." And then she mumbled something about her being glad that I didn't break her phone.

"Where are we going?" She asked. "Surprise," I told her with a shrug. "Is it far?"

I chuckled,"Little bit."

"Does Scooter knows where you are right now?" I shook my head,"All he knows is that I'm spending my entire day with you."

She blushed at that and started playing with her fingers. "So, talk to me."

"About..."

"Everything I missed. What you did after the DAA, new friends, relationships even. Shoot, you can even talk to me about your parents even."

"Okay," she took a deep breath,"Well, my parents were happy that I got the deal, but they were pretty upset that I was missing graduation and that I, in a quote, 'betrayed Justin for this'."