thirty two

I haven't been able to talk to Justin since yesterday afternoon. He was busy, preparing for the show. After a whole night to think, I decided it was best to tell him Lucas's intentions. But every time I called, no answer. Every time I looked for him, nowhere to be found. It was useless. Before I knew it, it was time for the first concert and me and my whole class was called to gather at the arena for our performance. It had to be atleast 800 people here.

"You got this," Camari said to me as the first person performed.

"I know," I said, taking deep breaths. "I'm just a little afraid. Frage stight." I said, not noticing how dumb I sound. Camari chuckled,"Yeah. Stage fright. Where's your competition?" She asked, talking about Justin, and she was right. Justin was my only competition.

I shrugged,"I don't know, and I really need to talk him. He's gonna go soon and he's nowhere to be found."

"He'll be here," Camari reassured. "Well, I gotta go see my seat. Break a leg," she hugged me. I nodded and smiled at her as she walked away.

I dialed Justin's number quickly, because I knew he was the next performer. I needed to talk to him. Soon.

Justin

I was outside, smoking a cigarette. I knew I was performing next, so I had to calm my nerves. My phone had been off all day since I was busy working on my song for the last time. I wanted it to be perfect for the girl I loved.

"Justin, Justin!" Someone ran outside, looking for me. I dropped my cancer stick and stepped on it,"What's up?"

"5 minutes til you're up. You should probably come in." I nodded and followed him backstage.

"I need a keyboard for my performance," I said in a hushed tone to the officials backstage. "Yes sir, everything will be set up for you. Is that all?" One asked. "Um," I thought for a moment,"Yes, thank you."

He walked away and the girl who just finished performing walked back, in tears. "What's wrong?" I asked in curiosity. She continued to sob as she shook her head,"I fucking messed up!" And she ran away. I sighed and shook my head,"Sheesh."

"Justin, damn there you are!" I turned to see Braelynn running my way. I smiled,"Hey baby. I'm bout to perform."

"I know but I have to talk to you. Its important."

"Okay --"

"And now, everyone welcome our very own, Justin Bieber!" I gave her a sad look. "We'll talk later, I promise."

"But-" I turned and walked on stage, facing the hundreds of people in front of me.

"This is dedicated to a very special girl backstage, Braelynn Chester."

I took a seat at the piano and cracked my knuckles as I began to play and sing:

"Take my hand and put it on your chest cause I need your, your love, yeah. Would you come right here and do it, baby? Cause I need you to do it, baby. Your love is keeping me warm, warm, warm."

"You been gone far away, I just need to hold you babe. Can't believe I'm with you, cause you got me open, baby. I'm loving everything you do.
I'm thankful that I'm here with you. You make me wanna say --"

"Oh girl, your body is so insane, you're making me call your name, girl. Oh girl, yeah it's like a rush every single time we touch, girl. Oh girl, your body is so insane, you're making me call your name. Oh girl, yeah it's like a rush every single time we touch."

"Take my hand and put it on your chest. Cause I need your, your love, yeah. Would you come right here and do it, baby? Cause I need you to do it, baby.
Your love is keeping me warm, warm, warm."

"You been gone far away, I just need to hold you babe. Can't believe I'm with you, cause you got me open, baby. I'm loving everything you do. I'm thankful that I'm here with you. You make me wanna say---"

"Oh girl, your body is so insane, you're making me call your name, girl. Oh girl, yeah it's like a rush every single time we touch, girl. Oh girl, your body is so insane, you're making me call your name. Oh girl, yeah it's like a rush every single time we touch, girl."

I took a deep breath and began the outro,"Oh girl, your body is so insane, you're making me call your name, girl. Oh girl, I just need to hold you tight. Oh girl, cause you're all mine."

I caught my breath as the crowd around me screamed and applauded and that's when I knew that I had did good, and I had exactly what it took to be on that record deal.

I took a bow and walked backstage, where I found my girlfriend waiting for me. To be honest, she looked more relieved than happy for me.

"Hey," I said as I took off my mic. "How'd I do?" I asked. She smiled,"You did awesome. Nice song, baby," she winked at me, leaning in for a kiss.

I pressed my lips against hers and licked them afterwards. "Thank you. Are you next?" She shook her head,"I'm after the next performer."

I nodded,"Okay, well I'm gonna go get something to drink. I'll be back over here before you perform so I can talk to you," I told her with a quick kiss on the cheek. She smiled and nodded as I turned to leave.

"You did good, bruh," I turned to see Shawn. I smiled as I sipped my water. "Thanks."

"You think she's gonna top it?" I shrugged,"I dunno."

Braelynn.

Did Lucas give up? The whole time Justin was performing, I held my breath and crossed my fingers that Justin would make it though the whole thing. And thankfully, he did. I began to feel happy and hopeful again when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

Lucas🚮: don't think this is over sweetie, its just the beginning 😘❤