thirty

Justin

Another long ass day in Elias's class.

"Everyone know what they're doing?" He asked to everyone. Everyone mumbled responses, basically saying yes. "Great. The first show is tomorrow night, y'all nervous or what?"

"Hell yeah we nervous," Braelynn chuckled. "This is huge."

"I have faith in you," he said to no one in particular, but he winked at me and Brae.

For class today we had to listen to our song with headphones, making sure it was perfect. When the class was over, Mr. Elias had asked us to stay.

"Yeah?"

"You both know that you two will have to go head to head, right?"

"But I thought--"

"Come on, Ms. Chester. I know that you and Justin will beat out everyone," he stopped to chuckle,"I'm just making sure you know. Don't let this get to your heads, a lot of people do and it ruins many relationships."

"Sir, we understand that. We won't let anything damage us," I told him sternly. "Good," he smiled. "You're dismissed. I'll see you tomorrow night."

Me and Braelynn walked out hand and hand, and it seemed like everyone was staring at us. I actually wasn't surprised that we found Lucas lingering the halls.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him. He chuckled, taken back. "Whoa there, who said I was here for you?"

"Leave us alone, Lucas," Braelynn mumbled, crossing her arms. "Oh princess. I just came to see if you warmed up to my little plan?"

I knit my eyebrows close together. "What plan?"

Lucas ignored me. "Whatta' ya say, Braelynn?"

She shook her head firmly. "The answer is still no." Lucas shrugged,"Fine. You'll see," and he simply walked away.

I turned to my girlfriend. "What plan?" She shrugged it off. "It's not important."

"Still wanna know."

She shook her head,"I don't want to talk about it." Why did I feel like she was keeping this from me?

"You sure?" I tried one more time. If she didn't want to tell me, I respected it. But this seemed like something I should've been aware of." She nodded,"Positive."

"Okay, well let me walk you to your dorm," I said, leading the way. "Where are you going?"

"Finishing off my song. Songs, I should say."

She nodded. "Oh, okay."

"Are you already writing your second song?" I asked her. She nodded,"Yep. It's coming along good." But she didn't seem so sure.

"Okay." We made it to her dorm and I planted a kiss on her forehead. "Well, I'll see you later, okay?" She gave a warm smile,"Okay."

"Love you."

"Love you too," we hugged and went our separate ways.

****

"How's the song coming?" My roommate Shawn asked me. "Which one?" I chuckled lightly.

"Oh, you're on the second one?" Gabriel, my other roomie asked. I nodded,"Yeah."

"You writing about her again?" I nodded and tried to hide the redness of my cheeks. "Mhm."

"Is she writing about you?"

"Ronnie wrote her first song, and I don't know about the second one."

"How long do you plan on seeing her?" Shawn asked, tossing his shirt from over her head. "As long as it lasts," I said honestly. I had no intentions on breaking up with Braelynn anytime soon.

"What if she leaves you?" G asked. "And why would she do that?"

"If she gets that record deal," he shrugged. I eyed him strangely,"Getting the record de doesn't mean she's gonna leave me. And vice versa. What're you talking about?"

"Just saying, bro. There's been rumors. It was the talk of the class." I rolled my eyes,"Fuck those rumors. Braelynn isn't going anywhere," I stood up and made my way towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To talk to my girlfriend." I slammed the door.