twenty eight.

Ron.

"So do you like it?" I asked once Braelynn finished reading the song. "What was your inspiration behind it?" She asked.

You. "I wrote about how you felt about Justin, is that cool?" She smiled, skimming over my song again. "Yeah, thank you."

She pulled me into a hug and I closed my eyes as I enjoyed her embrace. "I hope you win," I smiled at her. She grinned,"Thank you."

I nodded,"You're welcome. And if you have any questions or need any help with the song, my door's always open." She nodded. "Of course, thanks Ronnie."

"You're welcome. I'll be on my way out," I waved one more time and walked out the door. I ran directly into Lucas, who was standing outside her door.

"You stalking her?" I crossed my arms. "No, but the question is what were you doing in there?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes,"Being a friend. Give up on being with her, man. She's happy."

"Go to hell," he scoffed and shoved past me, walking in.

Braelynn.

"Lucas?"

He smiled at me and handed me a bouquet of spring lilies. "Hi, Princess."

I shook my head,"You need to go. Justin wouldn't want you here, and I don't want you here either."

He chuckled, finding what I said amusing. "Him. Is it true that you have to go against him in that little competition?" Oh, that competition is anything but little.

I groaned,"Do I need to call campus security?"

"I'm serious, no bullshit. Is it true?" I rolled my eyes,"Yes."

"What if I helped you win? Would that make you love me any more?"

"What? No Lucas, I don't love you period. You need to go," I stomped and pointed to the door.

"Alright, be that way. I'm not saying that this guarantees that you'll love me, but will you let me help you?"

"Bitch, the door." I frowned.

"Come on, B," he stepped closer to me, intimidating me a little. "How bad do you want this?"

"Bad," I mumbled. "Then let me help you."

"I'm not saying that I accept your offer, but I'm just wondering how you plan on helping me?"

"I know you know that Justin is a murderer," he grinned. My eyed widened. "He's ... Don't call him that," I shuddered. "What?" He chuckled. "He killed somebody, me and you both know that."

"How do you know that I know?"

He smirked deviously. "I know people. I have my ways."

I felt a lump form in my throat. "Lucas--"

"Together we can let everyone know that Justin's a killer. He killed someone. Whoever this guy is isn't gonna want someone with a bad rep on his label." Oh my God.

"No Lucas," I shook my head. "We can't do this. I can't do this. Not to my boyfriend. Now leave, before I call him," I threatened.

He looked at me angrily. "Alright. But just remember what you just passed up. You'll see. And you'll regret this decision. You're passing up this opportunity for a guy that doesn't care about you whatsoever."

"You shut up!" I screamed, hot tears streaming down my face. "You shut up and get the fuck out," I yelled, causing attention from the hall. He smirked and gently touched my face. "You'll see how wrong you were. Thank me later," he blew me a kiss and started to walk out.

"Lucas you better not," I scolded.

He smiled and continued to walk out.