nineteen.

Justin.

"It's a surprise, idiot," I playfully nudged her. She giggled,"You're pretty brave for asking me like that."

"Were you expecting that?" I know I wasn't.

She shook her head,"If anything, I thought you were gonna ask me what my favorite food was," she giggled. I laughed,"I'm just glad you said yes."

"Why wouldn't I?" Cause I'm a freak and there are things you don't know.

If she knew about my past she'd be kicking me out screaming right now. "You're right," I smiled and pecked her cheek, making her blush. "I'm sleepy," she yawned.

Her yawn was contagious, so it was no surprise why I yawned too. "Me too. Want me to leave so you can sleep?" She shook her head,"No," she climbed in her bunk,"There's an extra bed now."

"Psht," I smirked,"I'm cuddling with you, girl." She giggled and scooted over, making room. "Gon' head, get comfy," she said, pointing at my shirt.

"You don't care if I take it off?" I made sure. She frowned,"Justin, what did I say about being weird towards me?" I gave a smug smile and pulled it off and sat in on the dresser.

I laid next to her and she wrapped her arms around my waist, making me lay closer to her. "You smell good," she whispered. I looked at her funny,"Why are you whispering? We're the only ones in here."

She giggled,"Sorry. They do that in movies and I've always wanted to do it." I nodded,"Okay, I'm down. In that case," I cleared my throat and started to whisper,"You're very beautiful."

She blushed,"Thanks."

"Okay this is getting weird," I stifled a chuckle. She laughed,"Okay we'll stop."

She unwrapped her arms around me and turned around and wrapped my arms around her. I cleared my throat nervously, looking at the position my little buddy Jerry was in. I have to admit, I loved a girl who took control.

I started to play with her long hair as she laid there silently, still awake.

"Goodnight," she finally yawned again.

"It's the middle of the day."

She chuckled and slapped my arm with little force,"Way to ruin the mood, J."

"Oh, my bad. Goodnight." I leaned over and planted a little kiss on her forehead and stared at the ceiling. I was tired, but I couldn't sleep right now.

Everything felt amazing with her here with me right now, wrapped in my arms. And I knew the sooner I went to sleep, the sooner I'd wake up and the sooner we'd get out of this position. I wanted to stay like this forever.

I leaned over and looked at her. She was sound asleep, her body slowly moving up and down indicating her breathing. Her glossy lips were slightly parted and her eyes were closed. She looked like a goddess or any type of royalty. I've never seen somebody so beautiful.

"Let me stop staring at her before she wakes up catches me. Then she'll definitely call me a creep, and I'm no Lucas," I mumbled to myself with a chuckle.

I tightened my grip, but not tight enough to hurt her. I gave one big huff before going to sleep.

***

Braelynn.

Knock knock. I was awaken by the sound of someone politely knocking at my door. I looked behind my shoulder and saw Justin still asleep, slightly snoring with his face in my pillow. "Just a minute," I said in a hushed voice.

I unpeeled his arms off of me and jogged over to the door. I opened it to Ron. "Oh, hi Ronnie," I smiled at him. "Hey," he handed me a smoothie. I giggled,"I seriously think you're trying to get me fat."

He smiled and his cheeks turned red,"Sorry, I just know that black girls love food," he chuckled. "True. What's up, though?"

"Brae, who's at the door?" Justin called and then I felt his arms wrap around my waist,"Oh, what's up Ronnie?" He gave him a nod.

Ronnie's face changed.. and to be honest he looked a little hurt. "Oh, hi Justin. I was just coming over to say what's up, Braelynn. I was down the hall working on a project so I thought I'd stop by."

"Oh," I gave him a warm smile,"Well hey. Wanna come in?" I asked. He shook his head,"No thanks. Nice seeing you, though. You too Justin," they shook hands. Justin nodded at him and Ronnie walked away with his hands in his pockets.

****

As Ronnie walked away, Braelynn and Justin simply shrugged and shut the door. Ronnie sighed and threw the rose he was hiding behind his back away.

Ronnie slumped back all the way back to his dorm. "What's wrong, man?" His roommate, Danny, asked once he saw his friend so down," Did you ask her?"

He shook his head,"No. I think she has a boyfriend." Danny furrowed his eyebrows,"Is it Justin? I heard that, but I thought it was a rumor."

"It looked pretty true to me. They were in Braelynn's dorm sleep and Justin had his shirt off, so it's probably true," Ronnie said sadly. "Oh, I'm sorry man. What're you gonna do about it?"

"Nothing. I'm not gonna turn into Lucas or anything," Ron chuckled. "As long as she's happy I'm cool. She's a beautiful girl, and she deserves to be happy."

He sighed and walked over into his bed. "Would've been pretty dope to have her as my girlfriend, though," he mumbled, laying into bed.