thirty six

Justin

"Mr. Elias what the hell happened? How'd she win if she didn't even perform?!" Last night was all a blur for me. I was happy she won, but how? What information was so bad that they couldn't give me the deal or even a fair chance at winning?

Mr. Elias sighed and pointed to his desk,"Have a seat, Mr. Bieber."

I eyed him cautiously and sat down in the chair in front of his desk.

"Justin, the label clearly states that no one who has a record of any kind cannot be signed under any circumstances. Last night someone brought to our attention that you indeed," he took a gulp,"Murdered someone."

I felt my heart sink in my chest. I haven't heard anyone say that in years. "Who told you that?" I asked quietly. He firmly shook his head,"It remains anonymous."

"B-but, like did they have any proof? Evidence?" I asked in a voice as soft as a whisper. "Yes, Mr. Bieber. Somehow they got a hold of your records and the mugshot itself. I'm sorry," Mr. Elias apologized. My feelings of anger turned to hurt and I clenched my fists.

"Oh, don't feel sorry for me," and I turned and stomped out his room and slammed the door behind me.

****

"Camari fucking Bieber!" I yelled, storming into her dorm. She flinched and when she saw who I was she ran over and hugged me. "Justin, I'm so sorry they disqualified you." I pushed her off of me. "Fuck you mean? You have to be the one who ratted me out," I said through gritted teeth.

"What?! Justin, no the fuck I didn't! Why would I set my own blood brother up like that?"

"You're the only one on campus who fucking knew! How could you, C?

"I swear to God on my soul I did not tell Elias or anyone else related to that deal about your past," she promised,"Justin I'd never do you like that. We're all we got."

"Then who did? Who else knew?"

She cursed under her breath and her eyes widened with worry.

".....Camari. Who did you tell?"

"I-I-I didn't think she'd go this far to win. She couldn't of.. She's not that c-crazy and she loves you--" she stammered, rambling along.

"Who?!"

"... The only person I told was... was Braelynn."

Braelynn.

I've been hiding out at my friend Andrea's dorm ever since Lucas pulled the stunt on Justin and I won the record deal since Justin couldn't. I didn't want to face Justin. Before I could talk to him after it was announced that I won, he ran off. He looked hurt and confused. I looked and looked for him, but I couldn't find him. Now I'm scared to face him.

Is he mad at me cause I won that way?

It was unfair, totally unfair. Lucas was a dick face for hurting Justin like that, I don't think I've ever seen my baby more sad.

Andrea's phone beeped. "Camari just text me, she said Justin is looking for you."

"I'm not here." I simply replied. I wasn't ready to face neither one of them, cause I knew deep down it was my fault for ruining Justin's future.

Before Andrea could start typing, the door burst open and there was Justin with a red face and tears streaming down.

"Too late," Andy said softly. "You betrayed me like this?!" Justin screamed at me, his voice already hoarse. "You told those people about my past so you could win? I thought we weren't gonna let this tear us apart? I thought it didn't matter who won? Huh?" The tears were flowing rapidly now.

"Justin, I --"

"Save it. Now my mama can't get that surgery, and you're gonna be rich and famous. Good for you. I thought you loved me, Braelynn? I thought we were in love? I've never felt the way about a girl like I feel about you. You knew this."

"I -- I do love you," I choked out. He shook his head and chuckled,"No you don't. You're selfish and you only care about herself."

"Justin, that's not true. I did not rat you out," I begged for him to believe me. "Then who did?"

"Lucas!"

He scoffed and smiled sadly,"Desperate enough to blame the poor kid? You know how pathetic that sounds?"

It did sound quite pathetic, but it was the 100% truth. "Baby," I tried to hug him but he pulled me off of him.

"Don't fucking touch me," he spat coldly. "You betrayed your boyfriend for a record deal. A signature on a fucking piece of paper. You got everything you want, fam. You don't need me anymore," he said, trying to hold back his tears. "Justin, don't say that baby don't," I said, beginning to cry. "I need you, man. I need you more than anything please don't do this," I begged, crying on his chest whether he liked it or not.

"Andrea," he sighed,"I really don't want to get physical with her, please get her off." He asked too calmly. Andrea pulled me off and I began to cry harder in her arms, staining her shirt with tears.

"I'm done, Braelynn. You're a selfish two timing bitch, planning to trick me the whole time. All for your selfish needs. I didn't know that a record deal was more important than what we had," he said coldly. "Its not, Justin I promise--"

"I don't want to hear it, B! I'm done, done. Don't call me or talk to for the rest of our time here at the DAA. Have a good life. If I see you on the Grammy's, I'm turning the TV off."

"Oh yeah," he dug in his pocket and took out a small velvet box. He opened it and dug out a beautiful ring, he threw it at me,"Congrats on winning, New Girl." He walked out without another word, while I continued to cry in Andrea's arms.