Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Beauty queen of only nineteen,
She had some trouble with herself,
He was always there to help her,
She always belonged to someone else,
I don't mind spending every day,
Out on your corner in the pouring rain,
Look for the girl with the broken smile,
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile,
And she will be loved
.

"Woah there!" Erik laughed, grabbing my arms.

"Erik, heeey" I said drunk, as he kept me on my feet.

"You're drunk" he said, half worried, half laughing.

All I did was nod, before sending him a smile. Why is the room spinning?

"Very!" I said, as Erik let go of me, but as soon as he'd done that, I almost tripped again.

"Okay, we better sit you down, yeah?"

"I'm fine!" I prostrated, but he didn't listen.

"Come on" Erik laughed, as he held my hands.

We stumbled outside in the cold summer breeze, before Erik helped me to sit down on the street.

"I didn't take you as a heavy drinker" Erik said.

I giggled a bit, looking up at the moon. I wasn't really, but this was the best way to forget what happened earlier. Maybe this way, I could make it disappear and I wouldn't have to deal with it.

"There's a first for everything" I whispered, meeting his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Erik asked, searching my eyes.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I shrugged, letting my glance meet the street.

"You just seems..."

"I'm drunk" I said, nodding.

"Yeah, I can still see that" he laughed, shaking his head.

I don't think Erik was very drunk. He seemed pretty in control. But I probably wasn't the best to judge that right now. I laid my head on Erik shoulder, closing my eyes, because everything was spinning.

"You're burning" he said, letting his hand slide to my forehead.

I just nodded - almost in a daze – a daze of pure pain. Suddenly, the nauseates spread and before I knew it, I was throwing up again.

"Oh, shit!" Erik panicked, mostly to himself.

He held my hair, probably because that's what he's seen in movies, stroking my back until I was done.

"Mila, look at me!" he said and our eyes met.

He searched my eyes firmly. He was worried about me, but I didn't know why.

"Okay, stay here. I'll get you some water, okay?" He asked, all I did nod.

He leaned me up against the wall and as I closed my eyes, he disappeared. I couldn't help, but think about what Marco was doing right now. Was he kissing her again, maybe even worse? Once again, I had to learn over and puke. Gosh, could I have more in my stomach now? I don't think it was the alcohol making me sick, it was the thought of Marco, my Marco, with someone else.

"Hey, hey" Erik said, sitting down beside me again.

I wiped my mouth, looking up at him.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this, at your birthday" I mumbled, tearing up.

"Hey, Mila. What's going on?" he whispered, making me shake my head.

"Here, drink" he said, sweetly, handing me a bottle of water.

"You can go, it's okay. You shouldn't have to be my babysitter"

"I'm not leaving you" Erik said, stroking my back. I drank some water, but it didn't help.

"Come on, you can sleep in my bed, I think sleep would be your best friend right now" he said, before getting up.

He took my hand in his, before pulling me up. When he realized I couldn't walk on my feet, he pulled me up and carried me like a little baby. He walked fast through the loud rooms, before making it to his bedroom. Softly, Erik sat me down on his bed.

"Just a second" he said, fumbling with something in the corner.

"Put this on" he smiled, handing me one of his t-shirts.

I pulled of my dressed, after Erik had turned his back towards me, before letting the t-shirt slide down me. Erik helped me lay down, kissed my forehead and was about to walk out, when I broke down in tears.

"Why doesn't he love me?" I whined, with tears streaming down my face.

"What? Who? What are you talking about?"

"Am I not good enough? Or pretty enough? Am I not worth anything?" I said, choking in my tears.

"Mils, don't say that!" Erik said, as he walked back to the bed. He sat beside me, before pulling tight.

"Why would you say that? You're beautiful and amazing and kind-hearted. Don't cry, please" Erik said, almost begging.

I don't know for how long, but I just sat there, crying into his chest. Erik kept kissing the top of my hair, stroking my back, hugging me tighter and tighter. Basically, he did whatever he could, to calm me down. It worked a bit and my breathing came under control again. With his hand, Erik pulled me out, so he could see my face. He laid it on my burning hot cheeks, before softly stroking it. He tried to flash a little, careful smile, but it came out sad. Without speaking, he wiped away some tears.

"You are wonderful, don't ever question that!" he whispered, not taking his eyes of me.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't be, never" he said, stroking my cheek.

We didn't remove our eyes from each other and then I did something, that probably wasn't the best thing to do. I leaned in, before placing my lips on Erik's. It made everything spin, but in this case, I wasn't sure, if it was good or bad. It took him by surprise, I could feel that, but then he softly pushed me away.

"Go to sleep, Mila. You need sleep" he whispered, before laying me down.

He pulled a blanket over me, stroking my hair. He kissed the top of my head, letting his forehead rest on mine.

"I love you" he whispered, pulling back.

It kept ringing in my head, I love you. Did he say that? Or am I making things up? Everything else, is kind of a blur.