Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Just know that I'm sorry,
I never wanted to make you feel so small.
A story is just beginning
But let the truth brake down these walls, oh yeah.

I managed to keep the tears in my eyes for the rest of the day, even though Marco was always near. It was painful as hell, but I knew, I had to pull it together. It went great for Sebastian and our school's team, so he was happy, when he after the last game, sat down next to me with a huge smile.

"You're sweaty" I said, rankling my nose.

"Really? I wonder why?" he said sarcastically, before laughing.

"You did great" I smiled, making him smile.

"Yeah? Are you proud?"

"Very much" I laughed, as he put his arm around me, giving me a quick hug.

"Thanks for coming"

"No big deal"

"It was for me. I'm going to take a shower, catch up later?" he asked and I nodded.

When Julia saw Marco walk towards me, she got up from her seat as well. She sent me a little, but careful smile.

"I'll be right over here, okay?" she asked and I nodded with a smile.

Marco sat down next to me, looking out at the pitch. His blond hair shined when the sunlight hit it.

"Congrats with them, they did great"

"They're amazing" I said, he nodded in agreement.

"You wanted to talk?"

"Yeah, I just need to... I know lying was wrong-" I started, but he cut me off.

"If you know it's wrong, then why did you lie? Why didn't you come clean? Why did I have to get hurt because of it?" Marco asked, forcing me to look in his eyes.

Hearing him say these things, made my heart pound. It made me sick, knowing I'd hurt him. I sighted, looking down at the ground.

Come clean, yeah I needed to do that, if I wanted to keep Marco, I had to tell him something, I didn't want to.

"I... um. There was this guy once-" I started, then looking up at him.

Marco clearly saw the pain in my eyes, which made him focus on me, allowing him to let the anger go for a bit. I took a deep breath, trying to keep my emotions in control.

"I thought I loved him. Like on top of the rollercoaster, full on, hopelessly, unequivocally loved him... But I didn't know what love was... He made me do things, I didn't like. He told me which of my friends I could be around and the once I couldn't. He decided when I could leave and when I had to be back. He controlled me, had this grip around me, and I just... I couldn't break out of it. He wasn't even my boyfriend. I just did as he told me... Because I thought I was special or something.. I have three people I trust-" I said and glanced over at Julia, Sophie and Sebastian, before I continued.

"I guess... it was just easier to lie, a habit. I had to lie every day. Tell my friends that everything was okay, because they couldn't know what was going on. So one lie let to another.. and it just kept going, because that's what I'm used to. I didn't want to, but I just couldn't... stop. I know, lying to you was wrong and there's no excuse for that, but you need to know, that I know, what I did was wrong. You need to believe me, Marco" I said, meeting his eyes.

The anger and the hurt had left his eyes and it wasn't the cold and hard glance that met me. He softly laid his warm hand on my cheek, before letting his thumb stoke my cheek