Annabeth

Annabeth woke up in a daze, not sure where she was. She blinked a few times then remembered. She was with Percy that one day, having their picnic. They were just talking about the figure in the black cloak, when she was transported to a base. She had only gotten to look for a second before she was drugged. 

Annabeth tried to stay still, pretending to still be unconscious in case she can surprise her captors and escape. She doubted it would work, but there was always a possibility. She also might be able to find out a bit about them, then she might be able to talk her way out of this prison. 

She waited in her cell, a bag on her head and her arms tied up to see if anyone else was inside with her. After she waited an hour she decided no one was with her, so she stood up. She checked her bonds, but found out they were too tight to remove. She slumped down, and sat on the cold metal floor in an uncomfortable position. 

A few minutes later, she heard footsteps coming towards her, and she slumped down and tried to act unconscious. 

"I know you're awake." A man's gruff voice called out. Annabeth sighed. So much for that plan. "Lady Gisela wants to see you." He removed the bag from her head. The man was wearing a black cloak with a symbol that had an eye in the middle of it embroidered on its sleeve. He had jet-black hair, blue eyes, and scars all over his face. One of his hands was gone, and it looked like it was burned off from the scar left on his arm where his hand should have been. Annabeth gulped. A few months ago she found a picture of a group of friends in Paris who had no records of any kind. She had been investigating the catastrophe that had happened nearby when she found them. She was doing background checks on everyone. She had tried to look around the area they were at using her Yankee's cap, but she couldn't find anything. Annabeth knew this had to be connected, nothing else noticeable had happened to her recently.

The man pulled her up, and undid the bonds at her feet. She thought about trying to kick out at him, but she didn't know the full extent of his powers. He didn't seem like he was related to any of the Greek, Roman, or Egyptian myths she'd heard, and he also didn't seem human. She had to keep her guard up. 

The man pushed her down the halls, the metal surrounding her making everything cold. She shivered. They finally stopped at a set of doors, and the man pushed her inside. 

A blonde woman with a tight bun smiled menacingly, and she looked at Annabeth with cold, blue eyes. Annabeth simply glared at her. 

"I just have a few questions." She said, and flicked her finger. A chair came flying over and hit Annabeth's knees, forcing her to sit. "What were you doing at the Palazza Vecchio?" 

Annabeth held in a gasp. No one should have been able to tell she was there, since she was wearing her Yankee's cap. "How do you know I was there?"

"Even though your mind may be stronger than others, maybe even as strong as an elves', we could still hear you if we listened."

"Hear me? How?" she asked again.

"Your thoughts. Any telepath can sense them. Don't you know anything?" Lady Gisela asked. "Well, I suppose you don't. How do you know about elves though?"

Elves? Annabeths mind started spinning. There were no elves in any of the myths she read. Unless you count myths about the North Pole. "What- elves? How?"

"Is that all you ever say?" Lady Gisela asked her and clucked her tongue. "It's clear you don't know much. Do you even know about the Black Swan?" 

Annabeth shook her head, confused. Lady Gisela walked over and opened the door, revealing the black haired man standing outside with a cloth. "She's not good for anything." Lady Gisela said. "Knock her out again. Maybe we can use her as leverage."

Annabeth struggled as the black haired man approached her, but it was no use. She breathed in and her vision turned dark as she entered unconsciousness again.