Percy

Percy paced in his new room. After everyone had agreed to help him find Annabeth, Fitz had volunteered to let Percy stay at his house, since apparently they like to help out new kids a lot. He had wanted to leave as soon as possible to find Annabeth. He wanted to stop what he saw in Katropis from happening, and although he knew it was pointless to try and stop prophecies, he thought it could be possible. After Apollo's oracle of Delphie stopped letting people receive prophecies, Katropis hadn't been working, until recently it started up again. Rachel still couldn't tell any prophecies, and Percy's hoping Katropis might possibly be a fluke.

He sighed, plopping down on his bed. It's highly unlikely Katropis wasn't a fluke, and he knew it. Percy pulled out Riptide, staring into the blade like he stared into Katropis. He could see his face looking into it. Right before they arrived at Everglen, Percy had seen a doctor named Elwin, who miraculously healed his injuries. When Percy asked if he had ambrosia, Elwin had seemed confused, but then he started peppering Percy with questions about it. Because of the treatment, Percy's face looked normal. He hated it. How could he be looking normal when Annabeth was out there, possibly drowning?

He capped Riptide right as Sophie walked in with Fitz. "Do you want to play base quest?" she asked, "It's a game we play here a lot. It's a lot like capture the flag, but more one-sided. One team defends and one tries to reach the others base. If you reach the base you win, and you don't need to carry the base back to your side like in capture the flag, because, well you can't."

Percy had perked up at "capture the flag". "Yeah let's play. How many people are there gonna be?"

"Everyone that was here yesterday, and Dex. He's my best friend. He's also a Technopath, which means he can use technology really well."

"Okay cool," Percy said, wondering what type of technology they have in the Lost Cities. "Is everyone here yet?"

"Yeah, they're all about to have lunch. Which we should get to. Come on," Sophie said, leaving the room with Fitz. 

Percy arrived at the long table after walking through Everglen, which was pretty much a mansion. He couldn't believe they could afford this; they had to be rich. Then Percy remembered Linh saying something about how they had practically unlimited money. Percy didn't really get why everyone would still be working. If Percy lived here he would buy all the blue food he wanted, a giant pool, and a huge mansion, and he would just relax all the time.

Percy recognized all of the people there except a short, strawberry blonde boy, probably just a couple years younger than him. Percy saw Linh across the table, sitting next to her brother Tam. Percy sat down at the edge of the table, looking at the weird assortment of food. Everyone else was eating normally, so Percy decided to try the weird food, and he ended up taking all of the blue food possible. 

Percy hesitantly tried the food, and then promptly began to inhale it all. He had forgotten about the rest of the group at the table as he finished off his 5th plate of food, none of which was blue because he had eaten all of the blue food earlier. 

"Let's go play now," Sophie said, and Percy soon realized that all their plates were clean already. He had been so absorbed in the food he didn't realize they had finished 5 minutes ago and were just waiting for him. He felt his ears turn red as they left the room to play base quest.