Linh

What was Percy doing? She had no idea, but since she had run dry of plans, she choked out, "Okay."

"Just trust me. I know what I'm doing. Well, I hope so," said Percy, closing his eyes.

Ah, how reassuring, thought Linh. Percy raised his arms, and Linh couldn't believe what followed. "It can't be," she whispered. "This is just a dream," she added on. But it had indeed just happened.

Percy had summoned a blast of water. It gushed over the Neverseen, more powerful than anything she had seen before.

Unfreezing from the shock, Linh thankfully decided to take advantage of the distraction. "RUN!" She cried out. Percy was already on board, sprinting away as fast as a horse with its tail on fire.

"Where do we go?!" Percy asked as they ran across a bridge. 

"Anywhere!" she shouted. Linh had never run so fast in her life, not even while attending Exillium. In a short amount of time, they had already traveled a lengthy distance. 

Too bad the Neverseen were still right behind them. 

Then Linh remembered that she and Percy both had their abilities, and that they were on a bridge, which was built over some kind of man-made creek. And that there was water right underneath them-duh! 

Sometimes, the obvious is hard to spot, especially when there's a group of criminals chasing after you.

Percy must've had the same idea, because the two halted at the same time, concentrating to get a grip on the water below. Linh wondered how Percy would react to her revelation of being a hydrokenitic. 

Instantly, water rose, equivalent to a tsunami. This wave of water was bigger than the two had ever summoned. This must be how it feels to work with a cognate, Linh thought, thinking of Sophie and Fitz and how together, they were unstoppable. Working together with Percy, Linh had more control over the water.

"Wow," he gasped. Walls of water had surrounded them like a force field, towering high above. "You're a child of Posiedon as well?" 

"Huh?" Linh was baffled. "Uh, no. Actually, I'm a hydrokenitic," she said frowning.

Linh didn't get to hear what Percy said next because a woman from the Neverseen interrupted. She was surrounded by other members as well.

"It's not that easy," she said with a cluck of her tongue. Linh recognized her, with her blond hair the same as ever in a red carpet style bun. "Honestly, we've already handled this before, haven't we, Linh?"

Linh hadn't forgoten. She was sure she'd always remember.

Lady Gisela sneered while Linh turned shaky and pale. She'd have to find an escape. But as she reached for her crystal, she realized it was absent. "What are you looking for, dear?"

"Shut up," Linh told Lady Gisela, trying to keep her voice even. Where did it go?

"You're not missing," Lady Gisela paused while she held up something in her hand, "this, perhaps?"

That "something" in her hand was-you guessed it-Linh's crystal. Percy made an attempt to knock Lady Gisela out with water, but a force field appeared right in front of her.

Linh knew what was coming next. 

"I'm so sorry Percy."

Then a blast of fire-a blast of everblaze-knocked the giant walls of water down. Linh remembered Percy screaming. A member then tied her up and drugged her. Linh remembered nothing after that when she awoke in a prison cell with Percy tied up next to her.