Percy

Percy spun around. Two figures wearing the same black cloak as the figure who took Annabeth were standing ten feet away from him. Their hoods cloaked their face and they radiated darkness. They seemed as if they were using the mist, because when you looked at them your eyes want to travel away, like they did with Percy's brother Tyson, who was a cyclopes. He doubted that this time if he wasn't focused on them that he wouldn't have noticed them.

Percy wanted to charge into these jerks, the Neverseen, and demand that they give Annabeth back, but there was a sense of power that radiated off them, one that told him Danger! and was similar to when he was around Jason when he's angry. 

He stood on high alert, gripping Anaklusmos, or Riptide, in his pocket. He knew that if Annabeth were here she'd be strategizing and evaluating the situation and coming up with a plan.

Percy turned to Linh, hoping she would be able to explain how to fight them, but she was still staring wide eyed at the figures, petrified. Percy scowled. He wouldn't be getting information out of her in time if she was in this state.

The figures approached them, and Percy tried to give them a death glare, since he didn't dare attack.

"Who's this?" one of them asked, the voice female. "Why can he see us?"

"Really Linh, did the Black Swan make another Project Moonlark? Isn't that sort of repetitive?" a guy's voice came out of the other cloak.

" You might've forgotten, but Sophie Foster kicked your butts earlier," Linh retorted, trying to recover from freezing up before. Her eyes were still panicked though; they kept flickering around , but at least she seemed to be searching for a safe way to leave.

"Project Moonlark?" Percy asked.

"Ah yes, a few years ago, the Black Swan genetically modified a young elf, giving her all sorts of powers."

"Genetically modified?" Percy felt a bit sick. He wouldn't want anyone tweaking his genes even if it gave him powers.

He looked back at Linh, and she shook her head slightly. Percy let out a small sigh. Thank the Gods nothing happened to him before he was born.

"What do you guys want with Linh?" Percy asked.

"We want many things, really," the woman said. "Mainly, we want Linh because of the inspiration she brought to people. After their little group played a big part in defeating the old Neverseen, elves started to look up to them as inspiration. As long as they're here, people will fight for them, even the peaceful elves. If we take them away, they'll lose hope. The great Sophie Foster and her friends, captured and presumed dead. Our plans could be much easier after that."

Linh turned green, and started to reach for a crystal necklace around her neck when a shield of light encompassed them, crackling with electricity.

"Darn it!" Linh said, then looked at Percy and pointed at the Neverseen. "Look. They're going to try to take me and probably will take you too. Stay behind me, I'll handle this."

Great, Percy thought. Not only did he not come up with a plan in time, but Linh had to look after him.

She started muttering, "The stream? No, it won't get through the force field." She looked up at the sky, possibly hoping that the weather would spontaneously change to help her. The sun continued to shine though, and she muttered a curse.

Percy could feel the water in the ground beneath him, and the force field didn't seem to have a bottom. Sure, it was a stretch trying to call the water, the water was already far underground, he doubted he could reach any water if it hadn't rained recently in Walnut Creek. Luckily, he felt a small storage, which could be enough to cause a diversion and Linh could take down the force field.

He stepped forward, bracing himself for the strain it would take to summon the fresh water.

"I got this Linh. Get ready to escape."