Percy

Lady Gisela stood in the hallway, her hands on her hips. She was staring straight at Keefe, and her face seemed crestfallen. Keefe gaped at her for a moment, and then his eyes darted around the room, searching for something to help them escape.

Percy fingered Riptide in his pocket, but he doubted the sword would do much good against Lady Gisela. She seemed like magic to him, like the mist and Hecate, and he never had been good at manipulating the mist.

Keefe, seemingly not finding any sort of item to help them escape immediately, whispered "run," and they took off. Percy waited to be tugged back towards Lady Gisela and put into his cell again, but nothing happened. Percy wondered why she wouldn't do anything. Maybe she didn't want to show Keefe, or her power had its limits. Either way, he didn't have time to think about it.

Keefe lead the way, turning so many corners Percy would have been lost behind him. Percy could only barely keep up to them, and he thought they might be slowing down so he could stay with them.

Soon they reached the doors of the prison, and Keefe pulled out a small device. He attached it to the doors and they swung open. Sunlight filled the room, and Percy had to blink a few times from the sudden brightness before he ran on. Keefe lead the way through a field, running faster than before.

"Why don't we light leap?" Linh asked as she caught up with them. Percy tried to put on an extra burst of energy, but no matter what he did he couldn't run as fast.

"Do you have your crystal?" Keefe asked Linh, momentarily stopping.

"No, the Neverseen took it. Don't you have one though?" Linh asked.

"Well, I said the Neverseen did have they're suspicions about me sabotaging them. They don't exactly trust me that much yet." Keefe grimaced a bit.

"You guys. Why are we out here. We need to find Annabeth!" Percy complained.

"We could have before, with Dex's gadget, but I guess it doesn't hide all of us, since my mom could see us. It's way too risky." Keefe said. Percy clenched his fist. He was about to protest more when Linh said, "Percy, I hate to admit it simce I promised to help save Annabeth, but he might be right. I mean, if we can get back to the Lost Cities than we can get more help and come back later. It won't do Annabeth any good if we get captured again."

Percy wanted to just run back and save Annabeth himself, but he realized what Linh was saying was true. Lady Gisela had controlled him way too easily, and they would probably be captured before they could save Annabeth. "Alright, fine." he relented. He hated the idea of leaving Annabeth, but leaving was their most logical choice.

Percy sensed some water nearby. "Unless your specifically running somewhere," he told Keefe. "we should go that way." he pointed to where he could sense water.

"Alright, that's as good as anywhere else, I guess. I just wanna get away from that place." They took off running, Percy setting the pace this time, leading them towards the water source. As they neared, he sensed a voice calling in the back of his head. Then he entered a clearing, and the voice instantly became clearer, yelling KEEFE! KEEFE! KEEFE! He looked up and saw an alicorn with a pretty blonde girl with brown eyes standing next to the very excited horse.